The Opportunity: The role of the Building Improvements Manager will lead a team that will oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion. Reviewing the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs. Overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations. This role is responsible for creating improvement plans and budgets, hiring contractors, managing bids from contractors, getting approvals from the finance team, overseeing work done by contractors and completing general contracting work for the church that is within their expertise. This is a Part Time position and will require at least 5 - 10 hours a week, maybe more depending on the number of projects, complexity of projects, and the number of contractors and vendors to oversee at any given time. LOCAL candidates only.
What You'll Do
- Manages and leads APOC's diverse real estate portfolio and initiatives.
- Responsible for conducting market and demographic research.
- Prepares market and initial site analysis, including trends, competition reports, and general building site information
- Prepares financial analysis to support building recommendations.
- Develops and analyzes budgets and financial information for new projects.
- Coordinates with attorneys and leadership team on purchases of new assets.
- Builds and directs a team of external real estate brokers, contractors and other vendors to execute APOC building projects and strategies concerning real estate development.
- Manages real estate location inquiries, suggestions, and requests regarding APOC properties and projects.
- Regularly and efficiently communicates with all stakeholders involved in a project.
- Communicates resource shortfalls and key project updates to the leadership team.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May have 1-2 direct reports.
TRAVEL DEMANDS: May require Domestic and International Travel. Travel requirement will be limited and likely no more than 15%.
What You'll Need
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Marketing, or Real Estate preferred
- 5-8 years of experience overseeing construction projects and various sized builds and/or renovation projects.
- An extensive understanding of real estate and construction across multiple property types is vital.
- Current knowledge of industry trends in real estate development, building codes, licensing and permit requirements and a natural desire to understand specific market characteristics.
- Experience of commercial real estate analysis/asset management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills for establishing and building and maintaining a relationship with relevant parties.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
About A PLACE OF CHANGE MINISTRY:
At APOC we recognize that our employees are our greatest asset and only through them can we achieve our vision. We are committed to creating an environment that motivates and inspires our people, and that encourages their enthusiasm for APOC as an employer.
Our culture of excellence is rooted in the belief that happy, healthy, and engaged employees create the best outcomes for members. We believe in diversity and equality and foster an inclusive culture that celebrates all of our people. Our people know where we’re headed and will do whatever it takes to get us there. We embrace new ideas and believe in doing the right thing, no matter what. Our team members and organizational values create a workplace that is exciting and constantly evolving
We adhere to values that guide our behavior and are core to our organizational culture. Our values are centered around our faith and our mission to: LOVE. GROW. SERVE. SUPPORT. CELEBRATE. Our values are embodied by everyone in our organization.
Open Minded: We embrace new ideas and approaches.
Initiative: We are curious, proactive and solution oriented.
Passion: We love our work and strive to stay at the top of your game.
Confidence: We speak up – but know when to listen.
Rigor: We hold ourselves and others to a high professional standard.
Humility: We appreciate honest feedback and constructive criticism.
We know that by working together we can produce better results than any of us a can achieve alone. We carry the team attitude with us in every area of our work. We foster an environment of trust that encourages honest, complete and open feedback and we leverage this culture of trust to build and maintain a high-performance team. We're proud of what we do, and we have fun in the process.
Statement of Inclusion:
At A Place of Change Ministry, we embrace difference because diverse points of view improve our culture, elevate our ministry, and advance our Christian pursuits. We proudly provide equal employment opportunity to individuals in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, income, marital status or any other dimension of diversity.