Sorry, this job was closed 8 months ago.
“There is no better job then to play with kids and be a positive influence on our future leaders”
*We are currently looking for INFANT TEACHERS (this position(s) may end up being a full time position if you are the right person for the spot). This means that you MUST have at least 12 ECE units and 3 of them MUST be the Infant/Toddler class (not infant-adolencese or growth and development, but the actual Infant/Toddler course). Although this position will be for the most part in out infant/toddler room there is always the opportunity to be scheduled in our PlayCare side as well. All applicants must be willing to play with children of ALL ages.
*We are looking for people interested in becoming part of our team as a SUBSTITUTE TEACHER. Subs are not required to have any ECE units, but it is welcome. If hired, we encourage and recommend that you complete at least the minimum requirement of 12 ECE units so that you can learn and grow with our company. A sub position is a great way to get your foot in the door, work with and get to know our fantastic team. Best of all you get to play with the best kids in Bakersfield!
Below is a bit about who we are and what we do. Please read before applying to be sure that you feel A Good Time Out is the right fit for you. :)
Childcare centers have always fit into the same mold…and families in need of childcare have found limited choices, usually 2 days, 3 days, or 5 days per week. Families, who may not need such full time choices, are forced to enroll in those programs and pay for unneeded hours — worst of all, they could be signing long term contracts in a daycare situation that could turn out unfavorable. At A Good Time Out, we’re doing something different. We provide a home away from home for our children. We have created a fun, safe, and flexible environment where families can seek care for their children when they want and need it. Children can stay anywhere from as little as 1 hour a day to 5 full days a week. We teach, we play, and we work hard to make sure when a child leaves our care, no matter how long or short the visit, they are happy and begging to come back. Our ultimate mission is to make sure each and every child can safely thrive during the time their parents cannot be with them. We need your help.
We are looking for some great teachers who have the skills to foster this type of environment. You should enjoy being with children, have the ability to keep them safe and happy, and be able to keep them busy.
A Good Time Out is a dynamic, growing, and fast-paced Play Care center. Our employees thrive in situations that require flexibility, adaptability, and speed. Successful employees are willing to collaborate with other team members, able to work with a large age range of children, and are excited to try new ideas and tactics. We are teachers, go-getters, and we’re constantly seeking out ways to improve our environment, our care, and our selves.
You will be responsible for providing unprecedented care and service for the children and parents of A Good Time Out. You’ll help us create fun and innovative crafts and activities. In addition, you will be expected to talk with parents, answer questions, field phone calls, and create curriculum. 90% of your customer experience will be building relationships with children under 12 years old; however, 10% will be communicating with parents. You will work scheduled shifts with an expectation of flexibility to be available as needed.
You’ll be expected to be prepared with crafts, games, and activities at each shift. This is a significant amount of work, so be sure that you’re ready and able to provide these on a daily basis – you’ll get all the love and help you need along the way!
What You’ll Be Doing*
• Becoming a play expert.
• Assessing the needs and desires of the children in your care.
• Troubleshooting behavioral issues in children and coming up with ways to intervene and modify (especially working as a team).
• Work will be performed under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• You WILL change diapers and help children in the restroom.
• You WILL get messy!
• You WILL need to clean some…
• You may need to cook simple, kid friendly foods.
Experience and Skills Needed
• Some childcare experience helpful but not necessarily a requirement.
• Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Requires basic software knowledge and the ability to pick up new technology quickly.
• Must be able to efficiently manage multiple age groups, and multi task at the same time.
• 12 units of College level Child Development courses are not exactly required, but preferred and STRONGLY encouraged.
• Display a passion for children and a responsibility to their families.
• Display leadership through innovation in everything you do.
• Display a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
• A strong drive to play with children and show them a GREAT time.
• Display personal and corporate integrity.
What’s In It For You?
• Flexible work environment
• Dynamic and dedicated team
• Casual dress code
• The most fun at work you have ever had!
Does this sound Like a Good Fit?
If so, we encourage you to apply! Please continue with online interview questions to be considered. (We will not contact any applicant who does not answer all online interview questions)
**This job is based in Bakersfield, California.
THANK YOU! And we look forward to meeting the next awesome member of our Team!
Company address: 3400 Calloway Drive Suite 501, Bakersfield CA 93312
Posted date: 8 months ago
Browse Early Childhood Teacher jobs in Bakersfield CA USA:
Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo Co in Bakersfield, CA
Posted 1 month ago on Market Intelligence Jobs - DEA
Kern Community College District in Bakersfield, CA
Posted 21 days ago on Market Intelligence Jobs - DEA
A Good Time Out in Bakersfield, CA
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter