Sorry, this job was closed 5 months ago. See all open EHS Coordinator Jobs in Columbia, SC
Benefits OfferedMedical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Life
The EHS Coordinator assists the Vice President, EHS and HR in developing, establishing and implementing methods for improving environmental, health and safety performance at A&D Environmental Services.
The successful candidate for this position will be proficient at the following:
- Utilize practical applications to apply A&D safety and environmental policies and procedures in the field.
- Apply proven safety principles and processes in all day-to-day activities.
- Participate and/or lead EHS improvement projects.
- Implement successful safety and environmental practices in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintain safety and environmental compliance while meeting regulatory/corporate guidelines, applicable recordkeeping, reporting, safety statistics and trend analysis.
- Interpret, recommend, and comply with safety, health and environmental regulations and/or company policy.
- Identify hazardous workplace conditions and take preliminary samples and measurements of hazardous forces and toxic substances, remove hazards and/or protect employees by guarding, revising work procedures, and training or requiring use of protective clothing and personal protective equipment.
- Take effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standard provisions of any labor agreement, ensuring that all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Develop and implement the Company’s environmental, health and safety management systems to integrate EHS into the business operations
- Provide leadership, technical advice and training to the Company’s Operation staffs at multiple locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Safety or related discipline.
- 5 years of safety management experience in environmental remediation, industrial services, waste management services or similar service business experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train employees in EHS topics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong communication skills with ability to speak in front of large groups of people.
- Ability to effectively interact with hourly field service personnel, administrative office staff, accounting personnel and A&D management team.
- Ability to successfully complete an OSHA HAZMAT physical examination.
About A&D Environmental:
A&D Environmental Services provides a diverse range of responsible, accountable services that reduce risk and deliver peace of mind to the customers, communities, and consultants we serve. With our industry expertise and broad-based experience, we are a "one-stop shop" that can manage environmental issues of virtually any size and scope.
Posted date: 6 months ago
Browse EHS Coordinator jobs in Columbia, South Carolina: