We are looking for an On-Demand Pick-up and Delivery Drivers to safely and efficiently operate 26 ft. bobtail trucks. We mainly handle local pickups and deliveries out of the airport cargo locations and controlled freight stations located around Los Angeles/ LAX area. At times may need to use personal vehicle.
Starting pay: $17/hour
Schedule: Monday - Friday; Some Weekends; Starting at 2pm & Ending at 8-10pm
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicles.
- Receive and verify instructions from dispatch properly.
- Ability to utilize patience.
- Stack boxes properly on top of pallets and prevent further damage during transit.
- Efficiently load and/or unload freight using a manually operated pallet jack.
- Take responsibility of and secure the cargo and/or equipment.
- Detect damage of cargo and obtain exception reports from airline/CFS.
- Accurately and efficiently perform mathematical calculations necessary to do the work.
- Label boxes or cartons by hand correctly and flawlessly.
- Implement safe and efficient operating procedures while meeting deadlines.
- Communicate with dispatch to receive instructions, report delays or safety hazards, and report accidents involving the driver or Company equipment.
- Perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service within the company and the industry.
- Most importantly have the willingness to learn.
- Must have a valid Class C license.
- Must have a clean driving record (please bring DMV printout).
- Must be able to operate 26 ft. bobtail trucks.
- Must have 2 years’ experience of operating a bobtail truck (around 26 ft.)
- Must be over 25 years of age.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push heavy pallets with manual pallet jack.