Compensation$28 to $35 per hour (plus commission)
Our trainers are the face of our company, not just someone who writes workout routines but a relationship manager for the clients we serve.
The role of the Personal Trainer is to be a coach for the client and work closely with them to inspire and guide them towards the success they desire.
This is an hourly, W2 position, available to candidates both certified and non-certified.
Full Job Description
The purpose of the Personal Trainer position is to work with clients of 5:17 Total Body Transformations, LLC. The role of the Personal Trainer is to be a coach for the client and work closely with them to inspire and guide them towards the success they desire. Additionally, the Personal Trainer will receive on-the-job training in a variety of topics that relate directly to interacting with the client and the business side of the Company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value the diversity of our clients and staff. Remember, knowledge can be obtained. It is important to note that we value who you are more than what you know or what credentials you have (or lack).
We’re looking for candidates who embody characteristics and traits that foster an inclusive, encouraging training environment for our clients and staff. We believe the only failure is not trying. If you truly care about the health and well-being of others, we encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet all of the requirements.
Characteristics and Traits
- Detail oriented
- Personable and able to engage in small talk
- Well organized in self-expression and in executing work tasks
- Empathetic toward others
- Approachable, good at building rapport
- Demonstrates healthy and holistic self-care, including non-use of illegal drugs or tobacco
Essential Job Functions
- Able to arrive to Campbell studio location on time for each session
- Able to be on training floor at least an hour or more at a time
- Attention to detail and able to take notes
- Ability to focus on the same task for 45 to 60 minutes
- Able to learn new skills and apply them relative to the requirements of the position
- Use a computer keyboard for at least 20 minutes at a time
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to pass a written skills test relating to kinesiology, anatomy, physics and related fields (upon completing orientation)
- Able to pass a practical hands-on assessment of a client’s physical movement (upon completing orientation)
- Able to use basic math
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Assess client’s current physical state and abilities
- Perform an analysis of the client’s assessment results in order to develop a plan to help the client reach their fitness goals
- Ensure the client is using correct form while working out
- Help the client stay motivated in order to achieve their goals
- Take notes as needed in order to keep track of the client’s workout plan and achievements
- Make adjustments as needed
- Work with the client to ensure retention of business with 5:17 Transformations
Education and Certifications (not required to apply)
- Certified through the NASM, NSCA or comparable organization prior to working with clients
- Obtain CPR/AED certification prior to working with clients
About our company:
At 5:17 Total Body Transformations, our mission is to empower women to realize their full potential.
To empower someone means to make her stronger and more confident, especially in controlling her life and claiming her rights. We believe that when women possess this strength and confidence in a safe and comfortable community of other women pursuing the best version of themselves, then entire communities, and the world, will be transformed.
We’re looking for individuals to lead our clients on their wellness journey, individuals who share our vision to transform the culture of health and wellness, seeing food, fitness, and self-care as tools to strengthen our abilities and value, rather than fixing something that’s broken.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value the diversity of our clients and staff. We’re looking for candidates who embody characteristics and traits that foster an inclusive, encouraging training environment for our clients and staff. We believe the only failure is not trying. If you truly care about the health and well-being of others, we encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet all of the requirements.
Here are some of the qualities that describe our team:
Gracious: We give ourselves and those with whom we interact the freedom to pursue big dreams because we have unmerited, unlimited favor in the glory that is our maker.
Courageous: We do the things that frighten us.
Perseverant: We pursue the best results by steadfastly chasing our dreams despite difficulty or delays.
Authentic: We seek to be transparent in the representation of ourselves, our achievements, our struggles and our shortcomings.
Humble: We will not think less of ourselves, but strive to think of ourselves less, acknowledging that it is only in lifting others up that we can lift ourselves.
Compassionate: We care deeply about the sufferings and misfortunes of others and devote ourselves to promoting the welfare of those in need.
We welcome both seasoned health and fitness professionals as well as those considering a future in the industry. We’re more concerned with who you are than what you know. Credentials like certificates and degrees can be earned, but we believe character and personality are what set us apart as a staff.
If you’re others-focused and proactive with a growth mindset, someone who’s first reaction to a problem is, “how can I fix it?” then we’d love to meet you.
If you care deeply about the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health and well-being of others, recognizing that total body wellness requires a holistic approach grounded in self-care and love, then we’d love to chat!
If you’ve got it all together, have everything all figured out and are ready to show everyone how they can do it better, we’ll tell you now it’s not going to work out between us.
Are you interested in joining our team? Fair Warning: Our hiring process is not quick and easy!
We are going to ask you to jump through a few hoops to prove you have the character we’re looking for, as well as demonstrate that your values align with our mission and vision.
You will have at least 2-3 interviews. We take our time to make sure you are someone we want to invest our resources into. You must have what it takes to be a part of the 5:17 team; we do not want just anyone! We want a team member willing to grow with us for years to come.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Company address: 471 E. Campbell Ave Campbell, CA 95008
Posted date: 14 days ago