System Engineer - Virtualization Overview:
We are looking for an experienced and motivated technical professional to join our team as a Systems Engineer. Our Systems Engineers are responsible for creating and delivering technology solutions for our clients. This includes the design, configuration, installation, integration and troubleshooting of desktop and server solutions. This position involves significant customer interaction and requires strong organizational, communication, leadership, and client relationship skills.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience with a technology vendor or systems integrator selling, designing, and implementing Microsoft Windows Server 2000/20003/20008 solutions with a focus and hands-on experience with VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi, vCenter, VDI/View 4.0/4.1/4.6 design and implementations Responsibilities:
- Serve as a “hands on” post-sales implementation engineer implementing and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 with extensive experience with Microsoft products: Windows XP/7/2000/2003/2008 Server, Office, IIS, and SQL Server.
- Sound understanding of technical concepts across a range of technologies including Desktop software, Internet Browser software, Microsoft BackOffice applications, LAN, WAN and communication networks.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot Microsoft networking, server issues
- Serve as engineering lead and technical resource on implementation projects, providing guidance to the Solution Services Team to ensure successful project delivery
- Strong organizational skills, superior attention to detail and quality awareness, and professional demeanor
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies
- Accurately understanding and documenting client environment for pre and post project designs
- Achieving and maintaining industry standard certifications aligned with Custom’s core competencies as directed by supervisor
This is a permanent, full time position. All candidates MUST be local to Suffolk County, L.I., NYPlease do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation. Relocation is NOT offered. All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ
- 5+ years’ experience delivering technical solutions (from pre-sales through implementation) and/or support to external client
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 with extensive experience with Microsoft products: Windows XP/7/2000/2003/2008 Server, Office, IIS, and SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of SAN storage solutions (EMC, Equallogic/Compellent, NetApp, HP/LeftHand, IBM).
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi, vCenter, VDI/View 4.0/4.1/4.6 design and implementations
- Experience with Citrix XenServer/XenDesktop 4-5 a plus
- Strong Networking experience working with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP and WINS
- Solid ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written with team members, supervisors and clients
- Ability to listen, receive and manage constructive feedback and take proactive action to develop and learn from experiences.
- MCSE/MCITP Certification a deciding plus