ZipRecruiter Job Quality & Inclusion Guidelines
At ZipRecruiter, we take pride in helping employers grow their business by simplifying the process of attracting and hiring talented employees. It is therefore of equal importance that every job opening we present to our audience of job seekers is a real and meaningful opportunity to improve their careers and lives.
Who can post jobs on ZipRecruiter?
ZipRecruiter.com accepts real, active job content from direct employers, recruiters and staffing firms. Job boards or other 3rd party companies may only submit content posted directly to their job boards / websites by the hiring employer, recruiter, or staffing firm.
Job board customers and other 3rd party providers may not post directly to ZipRecruiter.com. Please contact a job board sales representative for details.
Who is considered a 3rd party? Any party who is not the direct hiring company (i.e. direct employer) or authorized party performing a recruiting service for the direct hiring company (i.e. recruiting or staffing firm).
What job information is required?
- Job Title
- Date Posted / Opened, if automating the job posting via xml feed
- Reference Number, if automating the job posting via xml feed
- Job Detail URL or email address for ZipApply
- Job Location
- Job Description
What are your application flow requirements?
All jobs should contain a full job description. There should be a clear call to action allowing the job seeker to apply from the job description page. Job seekers should be able to view and read the entire job description without a registration or login required, and there should be no fees to apply. The application process should not be intercepted by any 3rd party offers and we reserve the right to turn down advertisements with this type of flow. All personally identifiable information provided by job seekers in an application should be respected, private, and confidential.
What are some reasons my jobs might be removed from ZipRecruiter?
Some of the reasons your jobs might be removed from ZipRecruiter include, but are not limited to:
- Advertisement of sexual services or seeks employees for jobs of a sexual nature
- Commission-only opportunities that are not clearly marked as commission-only and/or do not describe the product or service being sold
- Complaints from users
- Contains content or links to content that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 13
- Content or Customer violates local, national or international laws, including but not limited to laws related to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use, and intellectual property
- Content is not a job opportunity, but rather the attempt to sell, promote or advertise products or services
- Domestic roles such as personal assistant, nanny, housekeeper, etc.
- Duplication, including excessive replication of jobs between locations in close proximity
- Endorsement of a particular political party, political agenda, political position or issue or promotion of a particular religion
- Job seekers are required to pay for a service in order to apply, pay for training, pay for training materials or pay for samples
- Job title contains city information that does not match job location
- Job title doesn’t accurately represent job description
- Inaccurate, false or misleading information
- Includes any screening requirement or criterion in connection with a job posting where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legal requirement of the posted job
- Pyramid schemes, "club memberships", distributorship or multi-level marketing opportunities
- Relocation requirements are not clearly stated
- Requests for the use of human body parts or the donation of human body parts, including, without limitation, reproductive services such as egg donation and surrogacy
- Requires the applicant to provide information relating to his/her (A) racial or ethnic origin (B) political beliefs (C) philosophical or religious beliefs (D) membership of a trade union (E) physical or mental health (F) sexual life (G) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings or (H) age, except where allowed by applicable law
- The job ad is not active or there is no meaningful opportunity for the job seeker
- The job contains no real information about an opportunity
- The job does not appear to be real
- There are offers within the application flow
- Third party job content (speak to a job board sales representative to explore opportunities to partner with us if you have 3rd party content)
- Upfront or periodic payment from job seeker or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents
- Use of name(s), logo(s) or trademark(s) of companies unaffiliated with Customer
- Unpaid jobs and/or internships
- Casting calls, auditions for modeling, acting and/or talent management
- The job entails "mystery shopping"
- The job requires employees to perform surveys and/or participate in opinion, clinical and/or market research studies
- The pay structure is based on a lead generation model
- Direct employer is not a registered business entity
- Virtual marketplaces, classifies, online bulletins or similar platforms that provide distribution and/or collection of services, jobs, talent or personnel
ZipRecruiter reserves the right, with no liability or penalty, to remove any job posting, content, communication or information posted, which in the sole judgment of ZipRecruiter, violates or may violate our Terms, applicable laws, rules or regulations; may adversely affect ZipRecruiter; is false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, immoral, offensive, obscene, pornographic, disruptive, threatening, abusive or illegal; or which may violate or lead to the violation of the rights of, or harms or threatens the safety and privacy of any third party.