What Is a Marketing Associate and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Is a Marketing Associate?
A marketing associate is an entry-level or mid-level position in the marketing department. As a marketing associate, you work under the direction of the marketing manager. Desired skills and qualifications for the position of marketing associate can vary by position. However, a high school diploma is usually a minimal requirement. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in marketing may be preferred. The duties and responsibilities of a marketing associate vary by company and position and may include monitoring social media, writing blog posts and ad copy, data entry, and taking notes during meetings. Holding a marketing associate position can lead to higher level jobs in the marketing department.
How to Become a Marketing Associate
The qualifications you need to become a marketing associate include a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, sales, or a related field. Your duties in sales mean you need expertise in ads, trends, marketing campaigns, and product promotions. Your responsibilities are to research the current market and stay updated on changes so you can forecast the next big move and stay ahead of the competition. Time management, attention to detail, and organization are crucial skills in this job. Because you coordinate with other departments and assist management, you also need to be able to work as a team player. Prior experience in sales or retail is essential.
Marketing Associate Job Description Sample
With this Marketing Associate job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for a Marketing Associate role.
We are looking for an organized Marketing Associate to join our team. You will analyze marketing data and metrics to develop engaging campaigns and strategies to drive web traffic. These campaigns require you to write compelling content for online outreach and print advertising and create attractive promotional events, with the primary goal of increasing our clients’ customer base. Our ideal candidate has a background in marketing and experience with web analytics tools and applications, and well as marketing strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze consumer behavior data in web traffic and rankings
- Analyze market trends and competitors' methods
- Develop and implement strategies with marketing team
- Generate reports on marketing and sales metrics
- Contribute to collaborative efforts and organize promotional events
- Compile forecasting reports
- Maintain and update records of marketing metrics and results of past campaigns
- Present forecasts, metrics, and any relevant information to senior leadership
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or statistics or relevant field preferred
- 2+ years of experience as a marketing associate, marketing assistant, or a related position
- Significant experience with SEO/SEM campaigns and digital tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and marketing technology applications such as web analytics and Google AdWords
- Excellent communication and organizational skills