Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Ideally located on the west coast or Texas. However, if they have an active book of business and are located someplace else that will be considered that too. Company has sales reps throughout the country.
Fantastic Commission Structure
Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in assigned territory. Develops and implements agreed upon marketing and sales plan which will meet business goals of expanding customer base. Works with customer support staff for the achievement of customer satisfaction and revenue generation.
1. Creates a detailed and in depth annual sales plan which must be submitted for approval. This must include but not limited to new sales projections, actual sales from prior year (for comparison), where and how new business will be developed. This plan should be realistic and professional. Once approved the plan should be reviewed on a monthly basis to determine if goals were met.
2. Faithfully creates and executes sales plan
3. Meets or exceeds sales objectives.
4. Ability to work efficiently and honestly to generate leads, set appointments and handle projects.
5. Ability to manage projects from start to finish. To see through from beginning to end the quotes, projects, and orders.
6. Seek and develop customers and leads for the purpose of selling Poly Print’s products and services.
7. Sell and develop business with Poly Print’s core capabilities.
8. Understand in depth Poly Print process, capabilities, target markets, and core competencies.
9. Work directly with a sales manager and customer service support.
10. Religiously utilizes Poly Print’s sales rep portal for entering quotes, customer data, site visits, sales plans.
11. Daily communication with sales managers about sales activity, plans, open projects, orders, and quotes.
12. Integrates all major operating functions of the business. Ensures everyone is rowing together in the same direction. Models the way, always working towards the greater good of the business.
13. Resolves issues effectively- seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensures that you are following and adhering to the company’s core processes and operating system with consistency. Demonstrates effective project management skills
14. Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity and clarity.
15. Effectively collaborates with owners or sales manager and stays on the same page. Maintains a high level of respect with the owners. Understands the vision and has the ability to filter and translate those ideas into functional plans for the company.
16. Resourceful problem solver that has the ability, stamina and work ethic to solve problems. This person does not need their “hand held” and understand the differences between that and taking direction.
17. Following up on important projects and does not require constant attention or reminders to get things done.
18. Maintains high levels of efficiency in all departments, reduce downtime and waste
Ideally for a sales rep they would be located on the west coast or Texas. However, if they have an active book of business and are located someplace else that will be considered that too.
Technical Skills: The following technical knowledge, expertise and familiarity will be required for this position.
• Wide web flexographic printing
• Solventless and/or water-based laminations.
• Variety of film types and structures based on application. o Ie: BOPP, PET’s, NYLON, Coated Films, barrier films, CPP, PE, cosmetic webs, recyclable films, compostable films and more.
• OPV coatings to control COF, static, gloss, matt, soft touch.
• Understanding of seal types including fin seal, lap seal, pouches, lidding and more.
• Understanding of different types of pouch formats including standup pouches, flat bottom, zippers, double cuts, tear knotch etc.
• Understanding of various packaging equipment utilized by end users including VFFS and HFFS.
• Line print and process print Familiar with different types of photopolymer plates and sleeves. Including Kodak and Dupont plate material
• Structures as they apply to food packaging, frozen foods, dry foods, bakery, nutraceuticals, coffee, bottle label, pouches, produce and more.
• Familiar with pre-press and artwork process. Should have a basic understanding of die-lines, layouts, PDFs, plate-ready files, surface or reverse printed.
• Mechanical aptitude to assist diagnosis and troubleshoot on various customer equipment.
• Laser perforations and laser scoring as it relates to necessary markets.
• Troubleshooting of various press and print related issues. Including but not limited to ghosting, tracking, bleeding, run out, washout, mottling, blocking, baggy film, loose film, telescoping, low treatment
Keys to success in this position
To be successful you must be fully committed to the company, the role, and to the responsibilities of the job. You must want to do the job and work towards the success the position requires. You must be willing to what it takes for as long as it takes to see the job through and complete projects. In addition, be willing to take personal responsibility towards your own efforts and willingness give your complete focus, attention and effort to job. You must be a good listener, take constructive criticism well, able to adapt and take initiative to get things done. You cannot fall prey to excuses and let obstacles that come in the way, become the way. Continual persistence and tenacity to see tackle challenges and see through to the solution. You must be detail oriented and a selfstarter. One of the most important keys to success aside from full commitment is your ability to plan. Planning and more planning will be one of the fundamental ingredients to foresee and prevent possible issues.
Success and satisfaction both personally and professionally will require to you intimately understands Poly Print’s core competencies and to sell what the company is good at. We pride ourselves on innovation and development but also understand that projects not in our wheel house will take time, money, and effort that may or may not come to fruition. Understanding not only the companies target markets but also the processes and policies by which the operates by it essential to your success. From quoting, artwork process, lead times, key personnel, strengths and weaknesses will create realistic expectations for yourself and customers.