Network Cloud Operations Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
As an employee, you Turn Change Into Value® - for our clients, for our company, for your professional growth, for the consumers. We hire the best and brightest, who are driven to create lasting value. At xScion, you aren't just another team member, you're impactful. You're empowered. You're driven. You're an xScioneer.
Location: Remote (United States)
As an Network Cloud Operations Engineer, You Will:
- Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services and components, at times in conjunction with peer groups and support teams
- Configuration and day-to-day support of external customer connectivity to client's cloud web applications over the Internet using Akamai Kona Site Defender and Prolexic
- Support and build cloud connectivity to On-premise networks (e.g., AWS Direct Connect, Azure Express Route) consisting of on-premise colocation data center routers, switches, and firewalls used to facilitate cloud connectivity
- Consult with internal customers and other teams on traffic flows for assigned network requests
- Design, build, configure, and deploy IaC cloud network and security infrastructure and connectivity (e.g., utilizing terraform or ansible coding for both IaC products and cloud-native technologies/products) as assigned using a CI/CD pipeline, terraform and/or ansible coding for both IaC products and cloud-native technologies/products
- Engineer will be responsible for builds that will include network/security infrastructure, WAN networks, configuration management, monitoring and alerting tools, compliance and configuration backup tools, and deployment and provisioning automation
- Engineer will provide services outside normal business hours, including weekends, when required to support builds of the production/non-production systems
- Use a CI/CD pipeline, terraform, and/or ansible coding for both IaC products and cloud-native technologies/products within the customer cloud environments
- Follow internal network security infrastructure teams' processes and procedures for implementing customer requests
- Follow IT change control procedures and processes when performing network request changes including but not limited to adhering to standard change windows for the systems being modified
- Validate Cloud Boundary or internal Network Boundary Requests (CBR/NBR) are implemented successfully by validating the implementation has not had an unintended impact on network traffic flows
- Schedule and coordinate customer testing of implemented network and cloud requests
- Schedule, coordinate and implement internal requests within the time frame assigned
To Be Successful, You Need:
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional network management expertise, including four (4) years of managing enterprise network infrastructures for both physical and Cloud environments
- At least three (3) years of experience architecting infrastructures in Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with the on-prem data center to cloud connectivity solutions such as SD-WAN
- Expert-level experience in networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, security and encryption, DNS, etc.
- Extensive experience designing, deploying, managing, and monitoring Firewalls in an enterprise environment including Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, VMware NSX Edge Gateway & distributed firewall, or Palo Alto
- To be highly skilled in Cloud Networking Concepts and Hybrid Networking technologies such as AWS Direct Connect
- To be well-versed in automation technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, and AWS Cloud Formation
- Experience architecting network infrastructure that adheres to compliance frameworks such as NIST, CCPA, GDPR, or PCI DSS
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, an associated field, or equivalent work experience
- This role requires US Citizenship
- Networking Certifications such as Certified Cisco Network Associate or Professional
- HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate certification
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate or Professional certifications
- Experience with AWS GovCloud
- Experience with FedRAMP policies, protocols, and procedures.
- We have an amazing culture– We were named a Best Places to Work in Virginia for 6 times (2022, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 & 2016).
- We are poised for rapid growth– We are on the cutting edge of digital transformation in Financial Services, Healthcare, Nonprofit and Public Sector and continuously welcome new clients to the xScion family.
- We believe in your continuous development– We invest in our teams' development, including our Innovation Lab and paying for certifications and trainings to improve their skills because we are committed to collectively being the best at what we do.
- We want you to make an impact in whatever you do– Our people have the opportunity to be the big fish in a smaller pond.
- You'll work with the best– We hire great people. Period.
- And because we truly care about you and our clients– We are run by real people for real people, creating flexibility, balance, respect and fun in the workplace.
- Great Benefits: medical, dental, 401(k) match, flexible spending and more, but we also have unique perks such as 26 days off a year (including your birthday!), company events, games and many other things that inspire balance and flexibility.
We're Transforming Businesses:
At xScion, we Turn Change Into Value. We help clients start or accelerate their digital transformation initiatives by shifting their mindset and goals into smaller, actionable steps that create lasting value. We specialize in Agile, Product Management, Business Process Management, Cloud and Risk Management solutions for clients in Financial Services, Public Sector, Nonprofits and Healthcare. As a Woman-owned company, we are proud to be the most trusted solutions partner that business and technology leaders count on to deliver lasting, impactful value.
Want to Learn More about xScion?
Visit www.xscion.com or socially at LinkedIn, Twitter and Glassdoor.
At xScion, we celebrate diversity in all forms. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?