Scope Request: The ETL Developer/Admin position focuses on ETL design, development and support. Responsible for ETL processes and tools as well as database loading and manipulation to ensure that the data needs are met throughout the course of the projects and production support. The developer will work to understand the business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Interpretation and transformation of information based on business requirements and conducting detailed research of vendor products and assists with general project management.
- Design and implement Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes, programs and scripts.
- Assist with design and implementation of data warehouses, planning applications and reporting solutions.
- Develop solutions to leverage ETL tools and suggest process improvements.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of assigned ETL flows and their Client applications.
- Collaborate with business users/developers to provide required data.
- Research and provide alternatives and recommendations based on best practices and application functionality.
- Understands the business processes, how the application supports the business processes and applies this knowledge to best solve problems
- Gains necessary input/approval of requirements and design and participates in code reviews and may perform code review for others
- Conduct root cause analysis and resolve production problems and data issues.
- Validate the data in the database and also responsible for testing the routines developed.
- Lead user sessions for requirements gathering and testing.
- Assists in requirements gathering and creates system and user documentation
- Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs functional testing
- Assist users with problems and resolves issues independently.
- Minimum 8+ years’ Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with one or more of the following ETL Tools, or equivalent Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica PowerExchange, Informatica ETL Administration, Informatica Metadata Manager.
- High level of proficiency in advanced query development and design.
- Solid experience in analyzing query performance issues and modifying data structures or application code to remedy performance problems