Medical DME Authorizations
Durable Medical Equipment Specialty Company in Windsor seeks additional staff with extensive experience in Authorizations.
Position: Full Time
Location: Windsor Office
- - Health Insurance contribution after 60 days
- - 401k eligible after 60 days
- - Paid time off
- - Paid holidays
- - Bonus incentive eligible after 60 days
- - Compensation commensurate with experience
- Obtain insurance benefits and authorizations for durable medical equipment (DME) services.
- Work with Collectors to review unpaid claims from both private and governmental payers and establish coverage guidelines.
- Perform and document comprehensive follow-up activities to ensure service authorizations are complete.
- Minimum 2 years experience in medical claims authorizations, billing, review and/or collections
- Strong understanding of all types of insurance plans and how their benefits are determined.
- Understanding of Third Party Administrators/Payers
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) experience a plus
- Strong understanding of medical terminology and federal insurance regulations.
- Ability to work within a team environment and maintain a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, decision making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have strong computer skills with experience in various software packages including, Excel and especially Outlook.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required, but a college degree is preferred.
- Ability to implement and/or handle change within a team environment in a beneficial and constructive manner.
- Knowledge of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (F.D.C.P.A.) and HIPAA.
Please send resume and cover letter including desired compensation.