This position is reponsible for tacking, fitting and/or welding on structural assemblies and sub assemblies. This includes monitoring work for quality, timeliness, problem solving, and decision making on routine work.
- Operate an overhead crane to handle frame sections and steel plates
- Build assemblies from blueprints with limited assistance
- Air-arcing, grinding, torch-cutting, and layout/fitting
- Operate hydraulic tack table
- Operate automated welding equipment
- Hand weld machine sections
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the over function of this position
- 2 years experience (Preferred) in Gas Medal Arc Welding (GMAW) and pass AWS/Terex welding certification test
- Pass welding entry exam
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to handle large weldment assemblies
- Experience in heavy and light steel fabrication and welding
- Experience in layout of complex weldments without aid of fixtures
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety, and continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Works under general shop conditions which include: standing, walking, sitting and lifting.
- Will be exposed to some or all of the following working conditions; inside, outside, head and cold, noise and atmospheric conditions
Location: US-SD Canton HR
Job ID: 2974
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.