This position is reponsible for operating machines according to specifications. This includes monitoring work for quality, timeliness, problem solving, and decision making on routine work.
- Receives work orders and processes the required part from interpretation
- Inspects parts for quality and completion
- Keeps work area clean and safe using lean principles
- Participates in lean, 5s, and safety training events
- Light fabrication duties may be required
- Ability to prioritize work load based on production needs and adjust work schedule
- Quality Conscious
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the over function of this position
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Technical/trade school helpful.
- 3-5 years experience (Preferred)
- Ability to run Bed Mill, older Lathes, floor grinders, drill press, band saws, etc..
- Ability to use basic math as well as calibration skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Experience in heavy and light steel fabrication and welding
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety, and continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Works under general shop conditions which include: standing, walking, sitting and lifting.
- Will be exposed to some or all of the following working conditions; inside, outside, head and cold, noise and atmospheric conditions
Location: US-SD Canton HR
Job ID: 2918
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.