Career Opportunity: Assistant Controller / Staff Accountant with Farmers and Merchants Bank in Miamisburg, Ohio
Are you a self-starter with a process-improvement mindset? Are you driven by accuracy and are task-oriented? Do you have experience in banking environment? If so, we want to speak with you.
Farmers and Merchants Bank is growing in the South Dayton area. We are your hometown bank and our philosophy is to provide basic banking services in a friendly and courteous manner to the residents and small business of Southwest Dayton. This philosophy remains the same 90 plus years later.
We are seeking an energetic and passionate Assistant Controller / Staff Accountant to come and join our team. This important role will be responsible for back office operations. The successful individual will be responsible for the following activities:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and documenting business transactions.
- Perform statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and write narrative reports explaining findings.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Audit contracts and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Determine proper handling of financial transactions and approve transactions within designated limits.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Coordinate IT support of hardware and software and escalate to Level II when needed.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor' s degree from four-year college or university.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience.
- Experience in a banking environment required!
- High level Microsoft Excel skills, experience with formulas and pivot tables.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
If you are ready for a new challenge and meet the qualifications outlined above, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.