At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Do you enjoy helping Customers by understanding their challenges and providing them quality solutions? Do you like working independently, traveling and building partnerships? Join our team as a Sales Representative selling Contamination Control Products to the Life Science Industry, including, but not limited to: Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device, and Research Industries within assigned sales territory. This field base role will have you visiting customer sites, attending trade shows, and staying current in the industry through networking, meetings and reading related industry information. A job well done means you are ensuring high Customer satisfaction, establishing multi-level relationships with customers, and using excellent listening skills to effectively manage and utilize company provided sales resources to maximize sales outcomes while providing best solutions to the Customer.
- Present, promote and sell STERIS Life Science products to existing and prospective customers
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Generate leads and qualify prospects
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize customer satisfaction
- Achieve sales targets and results within targeted time frame
- Coordinate sales effort with team members to advance business growth
- Analyze the territory/market potential and evaluate sales reports on a routine basis
- Update and maintain sales tools regarding territory business and competitive activities and potential for new products
- Keep abreast of best practices and industry trends including participation trade shows
- Negotiate to achieve agreements that provide a mutually acceptable solution to STERIS and Customer
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Business
- Minimum 3 years of sales or industry work experience
- Validation, quality, technical services or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience working in or selling technical products/services and consultative sales experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, analytical and formal presentation skills, with ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization and Customers
- General knowledge of the following industries is a plus: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Biotechnology Manufacturing, and Medical Device.
- Aptitude for science based technical information
- Demonstrates persistence and strong, consistent follow through to meet Customer needs.
- Displays active listening skills
- Excellent computer skills, including strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Works in a self-directed capacity, adapts to change, set priorities and balance sales and administrative duties
- Excels at negotiation with both internal and external groups
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel as required
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applica