We are looking for a hard-working, dedicated LEAD HVAC Technician to join our staff. The individual in this role will be responsible for installing, inspecting, and fixing our customers’ heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. Candidates should have extensive experience handling, installing, and fixing HVAC equipment and , be comfortable, working usually with little to no supervision. POSSIBLY FUTURE FIELD MNGMT POSITION .
HVAC Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- 10 years + -- experience in mainly residential hvac maybe some commercial hvac
- Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants required.( aka refg license )other lic. a plus
- Certification or associate’s degree from an HVAC program at a technical school NOT required
- N.A.T.E. CORE etc preffered
- Previous on the job hvac training needed 10yrs aprox.
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC issues with customers in a way they understand
- Critical-thinker, problem-solver
- Must hold mn or wi state driver’s license
- Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule with multiple appointments in different locations we generally don't make appointments but need to try to get jobs done.
Similar Job Titles
- HVAC Technician / Installer
- HVAC Refrigeration Technician
- Heating & Air – Service & Repair Technician HVAC
- HVAC Lead Install / Service Technician
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning Service Technician
- Commercial HVAC Service Technician
- Senior HVAC Technician
- mechanical , laborer , builder.
HVAC Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to homes and businesses on a daily basis as scheduled
- Perform consultations with customers
- Determine customer needs and discuss solutions and methods
- Install new heating, cooling, and ventilation systems
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools
- Troubleshoot current HVAC system issues
- Repair damaged HVAC systems
- repair vehicles , tools , buildings etc
- Keep records of customer appointments and parts
- Maintain accurate inventory of parts and HVAC resources info etc. on company vehicle .
Why Work Here?Stillwater sheet metal started in th 20's changed to springborn heating in the mid 50's and has had same owner (s) since early 70's. 4/2009 we went from 10 -15 full and part time employee's to a few because of the induced housing crash that followed the market crash. . The abysmally slow market recovery lasted until a couple years ago .after which we've had a elderly death , a retirement , and a administrator leave. we have an excellent customer base , from the years . and excellent ratings. were a factory authorized dealer N.A.T.E. certified .and an A+ BBB rating this could be a good way to get up the ladder faster. by re-building this company, rather than waiting where you are . In time bene,s will hopefully follow for all. lets talk rob 8am to 9pm m- su if at customers or ? I may not answer so please call back , or leave msg and phone # resume eventually will follow with background . Sorry in to many homes , no thieves , or Monday morning ignorists , ( you get it , got to ignore Monday because it hurts to much from weekend ) treat other like you'd like to be treated.
small company,not as demanding after hrs nights and weekends. except hot and cold months when people need it. have own med ins elsewhere.