Front End Developer
- Posted: over a month ago
Front End Developer
Springbig is the leading SaaS marketing technology platform serving retailers and brands in the rapidly growing cannabis industry throughout the U.S. and Canada. We serve in excess of 1,000 clients across 2,300 locations and our clients communications using the Springbig platform access more than 37 million consumers making Springbig the leading company in our sector. We have been ranked in the top 100 fastest growing companies in the prestigious Inc.5000 list for two consecutive years, ranking 69th in the recently released 2021 list.
Springbig recently launched a new platform, Brands by Springbig. This is also a SaaS platform, and it allows cannabis brands to collaborate with our dispensary clients to send engaging SMS campaigns to the dispensary’s database of consumers. A brand can use this platform to place an advertisement on top of hundreds of thousands of text messages and drive their products’ sell-through like never before! This gives brands direct access to consumers in a way they’ve never had before and an unprecedented reporting on campaign attribution.
Our headquarters are in Boca Raton, FL where the majority of our 160 employees are located, and we have additional office locations in Seattle, WA and Toronto, Canada.
As a Front End Developer, you’ll be working with us in all aspects of our front-end applications, from building new features to improving our existing codebase. As a part of the development team, you’ll wear multiple hats, turn ambiguity into details, take the lead on building complex features and continuously find opportunities to improve the user experience and our existing codebase.
Role and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of assigned tickets
- Collaborate w/product team to ensure clear understanding of feature requirements
- Collaborate w/backend developers to ensure delivery of performant and scalable solutions
- Develop and deliver Vue.js solutions to meet product requirements
- As needed, build new or update existing APIs to integrate with FE applications
- Write ample testing coverage for developed solutions
- Create Confluence documentation for new features and help fill in gaps on existing features
- Participate in grooming meetings, where we review product requirements and break down large projects into smaller tasks
- Conduct code reviews daily to keep tickets progressing along the agile board
- Contribute ideas and implement solutions to improve FE codebase
- Provide guidance to other developers
- Continuous interaction with team members via Slack, Jira and other tools
- Refactor, as necessitated by addition of features or in response to code review.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance (QA) during hand-over and subsequent defect correction (fixes bugs).
- 2+ years of professional web development experience building applications for production
- Comfortably express thoughts clearly, discuss different approaches and articulate technical challenges in simple ways for non-developers
- Comfortably draw on past experience to present solutions for current obstacles
- Proficiency with at least one modern front-end framework (Vue, React or Angular)
- Experience conducting code reviews and giving guidance to other developers
- Experience writing ample testing coverage for applications
- Experience collaborating with other developers using Git/GitHub
- Understanding of bundling, transpiling—Webpack, Babel
- Proficiency with Vue.js
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Node.js
- Experience building/updating APIs to integrate with FE applications
- Experience with Sass
- Ability to demonstrate and walk-through code for applications currently in production
What are we looking for in a team member?
Your specialization is less important than your ability to learn fast, communicate and adapt to shifting priorities.
We’re especially fond of people who:
- Communicate well and articulate ideas clearly.
- Focus on project goals, not just writing code.
- Contribute ideas.
- Take initiative.
- Have a hacker mindset and master the fine art of balancing time, features, and quality of code.
What’s it like to work at springbig?
It’s awesome! We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values professional growth and work life balance.
We take care of our team members:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k match
- Great health benefits (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance)
- Casual and comfortable working environment
And infuse lightness and creativity into our days:
- Stocked coffee, snacks and candy “bar”
- Pizza parties and team lunches
- Spontaneous games of tabletop cornhole or NERF wars
- Company sponsored Fantasy Football league and March Madness bracket challenge
Powered by JazzHR
AddressBoca Raton, FL
TechnologyView all jobs at springbig