senior data engineer - Hybrid or Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
about the senior data engineer role:
soona is looking for our first data engineer who will be part of the foundational team helping us build a world-class data organization. you will work closely with the data science, analytics, and engineering teams to create and maintain the data architecture we will use to advance our data science and analytics capabilities. to be successful in this role, we want you to have done this before and have the ability to take ownership of building a cutting edge data architecture.
this is a full time position that will report directly to the senior director of data science.
about tech at soona:
soona makes it possible for brands to create professional photo and video starting at $39. our studios give customers a playground for creating their content and our online platform makes it possible for any product company in the world to experience a remote shoot. we are creating a fast casual content revolution!
soona is currently supporting a remote work environment for this role; however, we are currently looking to hire in these states only: California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Texas and Washington with requirements to be able to work in mst or cst time zones. for flex hybrid work environments, we also have office spaces in Denver, Colorado + Minneapolis, Minnesota, if that’s your thing.
an ideal candidate can:
- build data architecture and systems to populate an effective data lake/warehouse
- build ELT pipelines to ingest source data and transform it in a data layer for analytics
- develop data integrity tests to automate quality checks of data inserts
- create and maintain telemetry/observability systems to monitor data app performance
- think for themselves and discover new and insightful ways to solve difficult problems
- deliver quality code in an Agile framework that ships to a production environment
- communicate with data and engineering teams as well as business stakeholders
has experience in:
- effectively communicating and coding in a remote work environment
- python – the core language of the data organization
- building, maintaining, and owning ETL/ELT pipelines for data lakes and warehouses
- sql – consuming from OLTP, and optimizing OLAP architecture for analytics performance
- dbt – our primary data transformation layer
- aws or equivalent cloud environment
- looker, segment, airbyte, looker, docker, airflow, kubernetes (preferred)
- working in a startup environment (preferred)
we can offer:
- strong starting salary: $140,000 - $160,000
- benefits & perks + unlimited pto + intentional culture
- really badass headshots
TechnologyView all jobs at soona
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?