Driver/Laboratory Field Sampler
sonomalabworks Santa Rosa, CA
- Posted: 16 days ago
- $18 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental
Sonoma Lab Works is a state-of-the-art licensed laboratory facility in Santa Rosa, California. We engage in testing of cannabis and hemp products for both compliance and research & development purposes.
Who You Are:
You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup in a rapidly growing industry. You are flexible, independent and enjoy interacting with others - especially clients. The Driver/Field Sampling Technician will primarily spend their time driving to client facilities in order to obtain representative samples of product and transporting them back to the laboratory for processing.
- Driving to and from client locations within the state of California to obtain samples of controlled materials while maintaining compliance with state and laboratory protocols and regulations.
- Use a tablet to enter data through track-and-trace software.
- Fill out chain-of-custody forms ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for organizing samples and assisting with individual test preparation.
- Work a Monday-Friday schedule that will sometimes require early morning starts and/or overnight travel.
- Support sample preparation for testing upon arrival at the lab.
- Promote a professional company image and build customer relationships.
- As a small business, all employees are expected to assist in cross-department duties as needed
- Must be 21 years old
- Must have a current, valid Class C California driver’s license
- Must have a good driver history
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Comfort with basic mathematical skills to include addition, subtraction, weight measurement
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of LIMS software preferred
- 2-year college education; or a High School Diploma or passed General Educational Development or High School Equivalency exam, plus at least 1 year of full-time practical experience.
- Prior experience working for a licensed cannabis distributor or testing lab is preferred.
- Company car will be provided for business related travel
- Company pays for business-related travel expenses
- Competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, 100% company paid health benefits, and company-matched 401K
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit ergonomically correct; use hands to finger, handle or feel to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
sonomalabworksWhy Work Here?
Sonoma LabWorks offers a professional work environment and excellent company-paid health insurance, dental, vision, and other benefits!
We work closely with our clients to provide knowledge and technology to support a products’ expedited time-to-market. Our unmatched ability to tie accuracy and precision of testing to speed of results for clients enables our business to thrive. Combining the client’s vision with data is transparent science.
AddressSanta Rosa, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at sonomalabworks