- Posted: over a month ago
At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
- Health/dental/vision (90% coverage for employees, 80% for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Performance management program and career development support
- Generous holiday schedule
- Rest Days and Mental Health Days
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you will be supporting the development of the next generation of cutting-edge transportation systems. This position requires system engineering experience to realize the product development including requirements, design, analysis, validation, verification, integration, and test activities of complex systems through the system development lifecycle. You will be responsible for prototyping, architecting, and developing new Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) solutions for multiple levels of systems. You will engage with other team members and multiple cross-functional teams to develop, allocate, validate, and verify the requirements at all levels of the project by using system engineering tools. We are looking for someone to apply their technical skills and commitment to join our team to positively impact our next generation's safety. Be passionate and visionary and join us to create the future!
- Support Model-Based System Engineering efforts on the development of multi-level systems from conceptual design through prototype test
- Perform analysis to optimize system architecture and identify system interfaces
- Collaborate with design teams to fulfill requirements management process including analysis, development, review, validation, and verification
- Support analysis for reliability, availability, maintainability, and safety, and reflect critical design into requirements
- Prepare necessary technical documents to support the system integration, test, verification, and certification
- Bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited course of study in engineering or physics
- 3+ years of experience in systems engineering and implementing MBSE practices
- Hands-on experience in research and development projects
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in systems engineering roles in aerospace, transportation, robotics, or automotive industries
- Experience with MBSE model development tools, such as Catia No Magic, Capella, PREEvision, Cameo, etc.
- Experience with requirements management tools, such as DOORS, Jama, Polarion, etc.
- Experience in safety-critical system design and development
- Experience in reliability, availability, maintainability, and safety analysis and execution
- Experience in the safety-critical system certification process
- Able to work onsite with team members
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to earn trust and maintain positive and professional relationships
- Be willing to work outside of regular working hours to complete tasks and coordinate across geographies
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran's vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
AddressHuntington Beach, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?