shark&minnow is seeking an entry-level Marketing Coordinator with less than one year of experience to join our fast-growing team. We are an innovation and action consultancy whose purpose is to serve as a catalyst for change in business and marketing and a disruptive force in creativity and innovation. We make the complex simple.
We are looking for an individual with strong skills and a passion for digital marketing ecosystems. The Marketing Coordinator role supports day-to-day management and execution of all marketing systems powered by our Design and Content departments. This includes but is not limited to digital marketing campaigns and community management, client relationship building, and general team support. Individuals who will excel in this position are highly responsible, organized, creative, flexible, and fast learners looking to make an impact.
As part of a consultancy that is evolving and growing, this person must demonstrate a collaborative working style, great communication skills, a sense of inward motivation/urgency and the ability to thrive in a non-corporate environment focused on innovation. This position requires a creative talent with a proven ability to build marketing systems. Simply stated, if you're a creative problem solver with a passion for creativity, technology and digital experiences, we should talk.
Roles, Responsibilities & Skills:
- Digital Acumen & Marketing Systems: You have the digital acumen required to manage, publish, maintain and monitor branded digital marketing systems. You are responsible for the development, measurement and optimization of digital marketing solutions for Clients on an on-going basis. This includes:
- Executing an editorial calendar for publishing, including paid promotion plans
- Partnering with creative teams to ensure that content is relevant for the brand and audiences
- Managing the creation of image, article, and video-based content through a process with multiple approval layers
- Contributing to strategic presentations on new technology or industry updates for internal teams and external partners
- Proven creative thinking applied to data, systems and processes
- Analytical: You welcome the opportunity to dig deep into data, analyze and reveal actionable insights. You are able to work with a strategic planner to establish content KPIs/goals, and to drive measurement report creation and delivery on a weekly or monthly basis
- Consulting, Account & Project Management: You embody the confidence to work directly with clients and manage the procurement of client approvals, feedback, information and details as needed. You are comfortable collaborating with client and internal teams to ensure all deliverables are high quality and shared on time. You have an entrepreneurial mindset. You should feel comfortable throughout all phases of a project, from translating verbal ideas into marketing concepts, through digital development and refinement, to creating digital experiences.
- Design Aesthetic and Style: You have the ability to recognize great. You know the difference between “good” and “great” and are able to work through team dynamics, clients and timelines to defend great work
- User Experience Mindset: You understand and can articulate a human-centered design approach to marketing
- Conceptual Thinking: You are able to originate creative ideas and translate across marketing systems
- Teamwork: You are able to work in a participatory, team-based environment. You enjoy supporting and inspiring teams through collaboration. Also, all employees have a hand in shaping our consultancy and culture, therefore regular and spontaneous get-togethers occur
- Communication: You have an exceptional, open and fluid communication style, both written and verbal
- Prototyping: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You have experience in creating both low and high-fidelity marketing deliverables
- Openness: Successful candidates are optimistic, generative and open to new ideas and ways of working
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (e.g. marketing, computer science, mathematics or related field)
- 0 – 1 years of marketing experience
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of content management systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Understanding of HTML and capabilities of web browsers
- Understanding of email marketing platforms
- Understanding of social media systems, platforms and tools
- Understanding of digital tools, trends, and foundation
- Be self-directed toward excellent work outcomes
- Excellent discretion, demonstrating sound judgment
- Ability to travel occasionally
We value a culture of collaboration and professional and personal growth for all employees. If you have a fresh perspective on your area of focus, identify with our values and would love to contribute to our consultancy – we would love to learn more about you.
To apply, please complete the application and submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio. For extra credit, send us a sample of something that’s good, and send us a sample of something that’s great. Not something you created, and no explanation needed.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
shark&minnow inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; M/F/V/D.
shark&minnowshark&minnow is a strategy and design consultancy that makes the complex simple. The firm was founded in 2013 by husband and wife duo, Chief Executive Officer Hallie Bram Kogelschatz and Chief Strategy Officer Eric Kogelschatz veteran marketers of brands such as Cadillac, Ford, Progressive Insurance, Nestle Brands, Cleveland Clinic, KeyBank and many more.