Title: NCG Power Optimization Engineer
Location: Austin, TX 78735
Duration: 6 months +
The manager is requesting New college grads
Assignment is 6 months
1st Shift - 6am to 2:30pm (30 min lunch)
2nd Shift - 2pm to 10:30pm (30 min lunch)
NCG Power Optimization Engineer - New College Grads only
- Good understanding of computer architecture
- Basic understanding of regulator circuits, and power management features inside SOC
- Basic understanding of schematics and board layout
- Highly capable at assembling computer hardware, installing Operating Systems (Windows and Linux), installing drivers and software
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with lab equipment, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Strong systems level troubleshooting. Good circuit level troubleshooting experience is a plus
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and pay attention to detail
- Strong scripting experience is a must: Perl, Python, etc.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for post-silicon activities related to power measurement and analysis for CPU/GPU products. The following is a list of key responsibilities that the candidate will assume:
- Developing and executing power IP and characterization test plans for new computer processors
- Analyzing interactions between various power features/settings and optimizing their configurations.
- Setting up test systems for automated test framework.
- Analyzing power results and writing reports.
- an Bachelor Electrical/Computer Engineering or related degree