Growing data-driven SF Bay Area multi-family property management firm in business for 30+ years
This position is for a Leasing and Marketing Manager for a portfolio of primarily historic residential apartment buildings in San Francisco and Oakland. The buildings are comprised of rent controlled studios, 1-bedrooms, and 2-bedroom apartments. Well qualified candidates will have 2-5 years of property management experience in the SF Bay Area and/or leasing and marketing experience with a matching education background preferred. Must have some supervisory experience and a solid work history. Salary is commensurate with experience and may include a bonus/incentive component
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Leasing and Marketing
· Provides management and the maintenance department with unit and common area renovation suggestions based on available competing offerings
· Sets unit pricing through comparable unit and general market analysis
· Markets units by preparing advertising and marketing programs
· Reviews photos of vacant apartments when completed by maintenance personnel or vendors to ensure they are clean and ready to show
· Supervises new tenant lease signings
· Supervises posting of advertisements on major online platforms
· Prepares regular market surveys, as requested.
· Maintains and monitors a viable Wait List of qualified perspective residents, as well as internal transfer lists, minimizing vacancy loss
· Reviews all applicant submitted rental applications for accuracy and completeness
· Manages and supports leasing agents and resident managers in their roles
· Promotes harmonious relations among residents, staff, vendors, and persons of the larger community
· Completes tenant feedback surveys to determine tenant needs and concerns so that they can be properly considered and addressed
· Develops a sense of community among property residents by maintaining good resident-to-resident relationships, staff-to resident relationships, staff-to-staff relationships, and nurturing positive interactions and activities at our properties
· Engenders goodwill with tenants and drives positive online company and building reviews
· Manages the day-to-day administration of the property office, including answering telephones during normal business hours; interacting with residents in a courteous and professional manner; sorting, distributing, opening and answering mail daily; coding invoices daily; and handling resident inquiries and concerns. Ensures the office is clean and well organized, and that it and the staff are presentable to the public.
· Exercises common sense, good judgment, consistency and self-control in day-to-day contact with residents and in other business-related matters.
· Ensures consistent application of property rules and regulations, lease and lease addenda.
· Collects, analyzes and reports the statistical data as requested to provide an accurate and current assessment of the property and its needs.
· Attends trade association meetings and seminars to keep up to date on trends and changing conditions, as requested and/or required by Management.
· Communicates all problems and resolves them or make recommendations to Management for resolution.
· Bachelor’s Degree, Associate Degree or certificate of completion from a trade school required; or commensurate education and experience.
· Two to five years of property management, general leasing, or general marketing experience
· One to three years of prior experience supervising a team of multiple staff members
· Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel) and G Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets)
· Basic mathematical skills (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate percentages, etc.)
· Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to prioritize assignments to meet deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and regulatory agreements.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person, via phone, and in writing with the site staff and internal partners, external vendors, and groups of residents. Ability to take direction to complete assigned tasks independently, and ability to meet deadlines using demonstrated time management skills.