Position: Unit Director
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL
Click Hereif you forgot your login information
Sequel Youth and Family Services of Courtland,is an intensive residential treatment facility providing an array of gender specific, evidenced based and trauma informed services for males, ages 12-18, with serious and/or chronic emotional and/or behavioral management problems that interfere with the child's ability to function in the family, school and/or community setting outside of a residential environment.
The UnitDirector is responsible for providing professional supervision, scheduling, evaluation of performance and scheduling training for all Counselors. Under the direction of the Program Director/Lead Clinician, the Unit Director supervises all Counselors and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewards and discipline, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Job Duties Include:
- Assure the implementation of general routine of the dorm.
- Establish and coordinate the schedule of Counselors.
- Coordinate and maintain daily student schedule.
- Responsible for hiring, orientation, training and supervision of Counselors.
- Provide regular in-service training to Counselors.
- Ensure a clean and attractive dorm area is maintained.
- Supports by action and example the Sequel TSI Creed.
- Bachelor's degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experiencein a supervisory role - or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in a facility which meets licensing or accreditation standards.
- Previous experience with adolescents ages twelve to eighteen.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after 60 days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Program
- 401K after sixty days
- 6 paid holidays
- Generous personal leave
- DailyPay available