sPower is an established and rapidly growing renewable energy company headquartered in Salt Lake City, with additional offices in San Francisco, Long Beach, New York, and Richmond. The sPower accounting team is seeking an Accountant with 0 - 3 years’ experience recording, managing, analyzing and reconciling general ledger transactions and accounts. The Accountant will be responsible for making journal entries and managing ledgers for various items including construction in progress, fixed assets, prepaid transactions, etc. This position will also assist in revenue and accounts receivable transactions and other accounting matters as needed. The accountant will report to and work closely with the Accounting Manager. Sound judgment, ingenuity, excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude will position the successful candidate to earn a rewarding opportunity with this fast-growing company.
Candidates need excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a positive attitude and the ability to work in a team environment. They should also possess the following competencies:
- Exceptional organizational, communication, decision making/problem solving, analytical and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to understand issues at a global level.
- Independent thinker able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to produce error-free work under deadlines.
- Team player with strong initiative, able to work autonomously to complete tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accountant’s duties will include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Recording entries related to construction in progress and fixed assets
- Assist in the reconciling of bank accounts
- Assist in the recording and monitoring of revenue and accounts receivable transactions
- Perform account reconciliations on other assigned general ledger accounts
- Prepare certain financial reporting requests
- Assist with preparation for and coordination of external audits
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial files
- Follow proper accounting controls and procedures
- Other projects as necessary
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- 0-3 years accounting experience
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong Excel skills and ability to work effectively with accounting systems
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
Commensurate with experience; competitive.
About sPower: Headquartered in Salt Lake City, with offices in San Francisco, Long Beach, and Richmond, sPower is a leading independent power producer. sPower has 1.65 gigawatts of utility-scale and commercial distributed solar and wind generation projects in operation, a construction and development pipeline of over 15 gigawatts, and $3.3B in assets under ownership. sPower is owned by a joint venture partnership between The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), a worldwide energy company, and the Alberta Investment Management Corporation, one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional investment fund managers. For more information, visit www.sPower.com.
sPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.About sPower:
sPower, an AES and AIMCo company, is the largest private owner of operating solar assets in the United States. sPower owns and operates a portfolio of solar and wind assets greater than 1.3 GW and has a development pipeline of more than 10 GW. sPower is owned by a joint venture partnership between The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), a worldwide energy company headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, and the Alberta Investment Management Corporation, one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional investment fund managers. For more information, visit www.sPower.com.sPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.