sPower is an established and rapidly growing renewable energy company headquartered in Salt Lake City, with additional offices in San Francisco, Long Beach, Lancaster and Richmond. The sPower Operations team is looking for a Land Maintenance Supervisor with land maintenance supervisory field experience; this individual would play a pivotal role in ensuring that sPower operates the portfolio to standards that exceed industry best-practice. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and can learn on job as sPower adapts to the constantly changing industry. As sPower grows to become one of the leading IPPs in the industry, this role will provide an unparalleled opportunity for growth.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee day to day operations of the land maintenance team and there sub-contractors for 55 operating projects and growing all over California
• Create and keep a schedule of sites to have maintenance performed in accordance to the contract with each site
• Track and approve employees time, PTO and act as a liaison for administrative matters
• Train new employees on company policy, operations of equipment and how to conduct themselves as an sPower Services employee
- Track expenses and turn in monthly expense reports
• Track work, materials purchase and work time through the internal ticketing system (Sprocket)
• Ensures work is performed in accordance with Environmental and Safety requirements;
• Track and schedule maintenance for equipment and vehicles assigned to land team
Desired Skills and Expertise:
• Understanding of general workplace safety and the ability to follow safety standards as well as help the company improve upon the standards in place.
• Ability to operate vegetation maintenance equipment including tractors, riding mowers, and other equipment.
• Experience with mechanical and low voltage electrical system involved with land equipment
• Ability to excel in a collaborative, cross-functional and geographically diverse organization.
• Maturity, professionalism and excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with superiors and colleagues.
• High-energy, developed interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic.
• Detail-oriented with an ability to synthesize complex analysis, approach new challenges with creativity and summarize information in a manner that supports key decision makers.
• Excellent hands on abilities with strong leadership skills.
• Ability to operate personal computer with technical proficiency of standard business software.
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Knowledge of applicable safety and environmental regulations.
• Demonstrates proactive enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company.
• Maintains a current level of professional knowledge.
• Focuses on personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action.
• Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals.
• Communicates openly and honestly, does not engage in gossip.
• Models professional behaviors of conduct and decorum.
• Strong team player and willing to assist others when necessary and appropriate.
• Possess high school diploma or GED.
• 5+ years in Landscape setting with 3+ years in supervisory role
- Currently hold or, can obtain state certified QAL Spray applicators license within 3 months of employment
• Working outside.
• Normal plant and/or office environment, including working at heights, high/low ambient temperatures and high humidity areas.
• Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing stairs and ladders, riding equipment
• Requires use of wear personal protective safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.)
• May be required to work around rotating and energized equipment, hazardous materials and chemicals
• Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Work overtime and non-standard working hours as required.
• Travel to sites outside area.
• Commensurate with experience; competitive.
As a full time sPower Services employee you will be available to enroll in the many benefit programs sPower has to offer.
Health Benefits through Regence Blue Cross
Vision and Dental care
Optional life insurance
401K with employee match 100% up to 3% and 50% up to 5% of pay deposited
Gym discounts and much more
About sPower: sPower, an AES and AIMCo company, is the largest private owner of operating solar assets in the United States. sPower owns and operates a portfolio of solar and wind assets greater than 1.5 GW and has a development pipeline of more than 10 GW. sPower is owned by a joint venture partnership between The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), a worldwide energy company headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, and the Alberta Investment Management Corporation, one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional investment fund managers.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: sPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.