sPower is an established and rapidly growing renewable energy company headquartered in Salt Lake City, with additional offices in Richmond, Virginia, San Francisco and Long Beach and New York. The sPower accounting team is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist with at least at least 1-3 years’ experience in managing, entering, and coordinating the purchases and accounts payable process. The AP Specialist will be responsible for all data-entry of bills and invoices, ensuring that they are coded correctly to the Company’s various accounts and projects. The AP Specialist will also work with vendors and team members to ensure that the payables process functions efficiently and effectively. This position will report to and work closely with the Accounts Payable Supervisor to resolve all payables related items as well as other accounting functions. Sound judgment, ingenuity, excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude will position the successful candidate to earn a rewarding opportunity with this fast-growing company.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, decision making/problem solving, analytical and time management skills.
- Independent thinker able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to produce error-free work under deadline.
- Team player with strong initiative, able to work autonomously to complete tasks.
The Accounts Payable Specialist’s duties will include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Receive and code invoices within the billing system, paying close attention to due dates and other details.
- Verify that the invoice is valid and has not been paid or processed previously.
- Work with internal employees to ensure proper project and account coding.
- Route the invoice for approval within the system.
- Follow-up on approval status and assist in coordinating payment.
- Ensure that all payment requests have adequate supporting documentation.
- Maintain Vendor profiles such as: W9, payment method, and payment information.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial files.
- Assist with preparation for and coordination of external audits.
- Follow proper accounting controls and procedures.
- Assist in timely completion of month-end close procedures.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries timely.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with Company policy and generally accepted accounting practices.
- Maintain all applicable accounts payable reports and spreadsheets.
- Technologically competent in general ledger and billing systems, Microsoft Office, etc.
- NetSuite and Concur experience a plus.
- Strong 10-key skills and above-average typing speed.
- Basic understanding of accounting practices and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
- 1-3 years of accounts payable experience preferred, including detailed project and account coding.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Commensurate with experience; competitive.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and does not allow telecommuting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
sPower, an AES and AIMCo company, is the largest private owner of operating solar assets in the United States. sPower owns and operates a portfolio of solar and wind assets greater than 1.3 GW and has a development pipeline of more than 10 GW. sPower is owned by a joint venture partnership between The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), a worldwide energy company headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, and the Alberta Investment Management Corporation, one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional investment fund managers. For more information, visit www.sPower.com.sPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.