Integrated media agency rygr is currently seeking a creative, experienced public relations professional to join our hard-charging team as an Account Manager or Senior Account Manager in our Carbondale, Colorado office.
Do you have a "work hard, play hard" mentality? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your professional development and offers perks like powder days, a wellness stipend and paid volunteer time? Do you want to live and work in a place with access to world-class skiing, fishing, hiking, paddling and biking?
If you answered yes, rygr has an exciting opportunity for you.
Job Description: The Account Manager (AM) / Senior Account Manager (SAM) works closely with agency leadership to develop and execute strategic communication plans on behalf of leading active lifestyle brands. This includes, but is not limited to, product launches, tradeshow representation, event and media trip planning, brand storytelling, and influencer engagement. The AM/SAM serves as a primary client contact and reports directly to the agency principal.
- Development and execution of strategic PR plans that deliver on client goals and objectives
- Development and maintenance of strong relationships with client, media and other industry contacts, via event hosting, 1:1 meetings, shared time outdoors, meaningful outreach
- Oversight of regular client reporting: real-time, weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Daily pitching of client stories to media and follow up on story opportunities
- Developing client content, including but not limited to, press releases, one-sheets, blog posts, op-eds, itineraries, event invitations (no design background necessary)
- Working with account teams to create targeted media distribution lists
- Attending tradeshows, sales meetings and in-person meetings on behalf of clients
- Acting as topical expert as applicable to each client—developing a detailed understanding and viewpoint on the client, market, competitors, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Advanced degree preferred for SAM)
- Minimum 2 years account management experience (3+ years for SAM) with preference for experience managing account teams comprised of multiple team members
- Outdoor industry, including specialty retail, experience preferred
- Strong, proven writing skills with familiarity with AP style
- Deep active lifestyle, outdoor, and/or broad-based media relationships
- Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
- Strategic and forward-thinking approach to PR with an eye toward industry trends
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to raise a hand when in need
- Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency
- Understanding of rygr's core values: Integrity, Craft, Empathy, Change, Stewardship
- A love of the outdoors
- A sense of humor (and tolerance for dad jokes)
Travel: Varies, between 15-50% depending on client demands and seniority.
Compensation: Salary DOE. rygr's compensation package includes paid vacation and sick leave, paid volunteer time, a wellness stipend, matching 401(k), group healthcare and stipend, professional development support, and a powder day policy.