Senior Software Engineer
rockITdata is a full-service consulting provider that specializes in providing management and IT services.We are proud to be a Veteran, Minority, Women-owned Small Business, all certified by the NWBOC.We help companies build efficiencies, decrease cost and drive better outcomes. We achieve these goals through innovation and by leveraging cutting-edge technologies.
We are seeking an experienced software developer for our Functional Status Outcome Database (FSOD) application development and maintenance team. In this role, they will be required to update existing software, create reports, respond to ticket issues related to the application, resolve code defects, and assist users with system account issues.
This is a remote role.
- Senior-level full-stack software engineering experience
- Experience using Visual Studio 2017 and later releases
- Senior-level VB.Net or C# experience
- Senior-level Object-Oriented Programming experience
- Knowledge and experience of VB6 and PL/SQL
- Experience using Team Foundation Service or similar code-repository
- Excellent communication skills and patience
- Writing advanced programming code.
- Reviewing updated software systems.
- Managing project timelines and tasks.
- Writing development reports.
- Creating technical documents for new software programs.
- Training staff on software use.
- 5 years prior experience as a software programmer.
- Knowledge of system frameworks including .NET, Git, and GitHub.
- Knowledge and experience of 2-factor authentication.
- Experience with Toad for Oracle.
- General Mainframe experience.
- Experience creating and maintaining databases.
- Experience working with Agile development technologies.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree incomputer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- 5+ years Previous experience as a software programmer.
- Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education: (13 years total)
Benefits we offer:
Short and Long Term Disability
Here at rockITdata, we are committed to following our 10 Guiding Principles.
Our Guiding Principles define our culture. They’re who we are, how we work, and what inspires us to be the best. We empower our people to be themselves and encourage an entrepreneurial way of thinking. In our challenging, fast-paced environment, no day is the same.
Know the Why.
Value People Above All Else.
Transparency to a Fault.
Progress, Not Perfection.
Be Good by Doing Good.
Smart People Can Disagree.
Bend but Don’t Break.
Represent Your Brand.
Be Amazing, Be Fearless, Smile, Have Fun!
Interested in joining something unique? Join us on our rockIT ship as we begin to blast off to the next chapter in our organization!
rockITdata is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in all employment practices and decisions including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, training, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, disciplinary action, and termination, with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. rockITdata does not discriminate on the basis of race (actual or perceived), ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth and other pregnancy-related conditions), national origin, age, marital status (including parenthood), military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or to make available genetic test results, arrest and conviction records, matriculation or political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), or any characteristic protected by Federal, state, or local law.
rockITdata wants all interested and qualified candidates to be able to use our career site to review and apply for employment opportunities. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access the application process, please contact us for assistance at email@example.com.
Online Applicant Posters
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.