401k Operations Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $35,000 to $45,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Operations Technician - Job Description and Overview
Following are the responsibilities, overview, and job skills related to the 401(k) Technician position.
1. Processing Payroll files for 401k Contributions and Loan repayments (30%)
This responsibility involves processing contributions received from our clients. The payroll files may be uploaded through our secure portal by the plan sponsor or emailed as an excel file, CSV file, or text file. Once the contribution is posted, it must be verified to the information received for accuracy. Any missing data will need to be researched and reconciled.
2. Answering Participant Inquiries (30%)
This responsibility includes, answering participant phone calls through our toll-free number in a professional and businesslike way, participant security verifications, answering online inquiries submitted through our website and miscellaneous outbound correspondence.
3. Reconciling asset holdings to client asset holdings: (5%)
This responsibility involves printing reconciling asset holdings from Schwab RT for each retirement plan and reconciling it to the holdings report from the custodian. The reconciling is done in an excel spreadsheet and involves reconciling units and cash. All plan reconcilements must be reviewed and approved by the Operations Manager.
4. Support and Assist in the Quarter End Allocation & Participant Statement Production (10%)
This involves printing reports, reviewing statements for accuracy, printing participant statements, using the folding and postage machines, scheduling pick-ups from Pitney Bowes. You also will work to support the Client Service Administrators as needed.
5. Daily System Update: (5%)
This responsibility includes retrieving the pricing file via the internet and running a macro from excel that automatically formats the file to be loaded to Schwab Retirement Technologies software (SRT). The file must be loaded to SRT and verified back to hardcopy reports.
6. Miscellaneous SRT Activity (10%)
This involves but is not limited to:
Processing New Enrollments
Processing Termination Notices
Processing Address Changes
Processing Name Changes
Updating/Creating Contribution Templates
7. Miscellaneous Responsibilities: (10%)
This involves but is not limited to:
Operate postage machine
Operate folding machines
Ordering & Maintaining Office Supplies (includes monitoring and maintaining supply room and cabinet)
Loading Census Data received to SRT or spreadsheet.
Reviewing reports, statements and other for accuracy
Other items as directed by either the Chief Operating Officer or President
This position reports to Team Leads.
1. Spreadsheet (excel or lotus) skills relating to creating and working with detail spreadsheets. This may involve cutting, copying, pasting and working with macros.
- General computer skills
3. General office skills
4. Knowledge of Accounting Principles and Practices
5. Producing Accurate and Timely work
6. At least 2 years of work experience
1. Experience with SRT software
2. Knowledge of compliance testing
3. Knowledge of allocation and participant statement production
4. Knowledge of computer systems and LAN
retirement directWhy Work Here?
Great team environment with opportunities for growth and recognition for team members willing to work hard, take initiative, good attitude
Retirement Direct works in the financial service industry servicing 401k retirement plans. We are a national company with clients from coast to coast. We are part of a larger privately held holding company that offers stability, great pay and benefits.
11120 Treynorth DriveCornelius, NC
BusinessView all jobs at retirement direct