Redding Distributing Company is seeking professional Class A Delivery Drivers interested in starting a career in the beer industry. We are a well established family owned company with a comprehensive portfolio. Our Drivers are responsible for safe transportation and delivery of our product.
We offer an industry competitive hourly rate plus full health package and 401k match with profit sharing.
This job requires a class A license but we are willing to train the right candidate to complete their CDL.
Please visit our website to see if our company would be a fit for you!
Drive commercial delivery trucks, vans, and/or tractor-trailer combinations to deliver product to retail account
- Deliver, rotate and merchandise products in retail accounts.
- Build strong relationships with retailers by delivering products in a timely and efficient manner and rotating product as necessary to ensure freshness
- Complete and submit all required paperwork, invoices, load sheets and cash/checks within appropriate time frames
- Ensure accurate completion of Department of Transportation checklist and report maintenance problems and accidents in a timely manner
- Manually load and unload product from side loader truck.
- Look for innovation and continuous improvement in the Delivery Department and in the company, overall.
- Collect payment for product as required. Balance invoices with checks, cash, etc. at end of day.
- Perform warehouse duties, such as load picking/building, inventory management as needed.
- Assist in payment collection activities when needed
- Professional written and verbal communication with customers, suppliers and other departments.
- Any other task assigned by management as assigned
1. Requires a valid Commercial Driver’s License or must obtain one within 90 days of hire.
2. Satisfactory completion of Motor Vehicle Check required according to the Vehicle Safety
3. Requires satisfactory completion of DOT medical evaluations and drug tests.
4. Must have a thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
5. Requires written and organization skills to complete paperwork. in a decipherable manner.
6. Requires strong communication skills.
7. Requires basic math skills for invoicing.
8. Basic technology knowledge for handhelds.
9. Requires forklift certification (Company will provide).
1. Occasionally exposed to extreme cold when handling product in customer coolers.
2. Exposed to vibration when driving in vehicle.
3. Exposed to outside weather conditions when going in and out of customer locations.
4. Requires local travel in all weather conditions.
5. Requires ability to work extended hours (10+) or until all necessary work is complete within
o Up to 55 lbs. (frequently)
o Up to 150 lbs. (occasionally)
o Front carry up to 55lbs
o hand truck loaded with up to 200 lbs. for up to 500 feet (possible stairs)
o Sliding product at variable heights from storage in truck/warehouse and while merchandising
o reaching to 80” height pulling truck door down with
4. Ambulatory Activity:
o Standing/Walking: standing on variable surfaces throughout entire shift
o Climbing (Occasionally to Frequently) step up/down from 15-19” platform/step heights
o up/down multiple flights of stairs with and without product on hand truck
o Repetitive use of hand/grasping
o Repetitive Squatting/Stooping/Kneeling to as low as ground level while picking/stocking
o Sitting seated at desk and in truck for variable durations between route stops
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time hourly position. Hours are based on route schedules and may vary in times and days. Some holidays required.
redding distributing co
Why Work Here?
Family Owned for 30 years! Great benefits, retirement plans and unmatched culture!