Driver - CDL B
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $22 Hourly
- Flexible scheduling
- No overnights
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Paid holidays and time off
- New equipment
- Ability to grow your career as the company expands
- A fun and learning environment
- The Driver is committed to leading with safety in all aspects of the role. From care and use of the equipment, engaging with the customer’s site, and transporting containers, safety is at the forefront of everything s/he does.
- The Driver is the one of faces of the business to customers. From container drop off to issue escalation, the Driver must put the customer first in everything s/he does.
- Speak with customers and homeowners during each drop off and pick up to ensure satisfaction.
- Maintain relationships with project managers.
- The Driver will be responsible for driving a roll-off truck, engaging in daily drop off and/or serving of roll off containers and/or portable toilets, securing the tarp during transport, and emptying the wastewater tank at disposal site.
- The Driver will ensure that the daily schedule is met.
- A daily user of the equipment, the Driver should take primary responsibility for ensuring all equipment follows the outlined preventative maintenance schedule as well as dealing with any emergency maintenance needs. Ensures compliance with safety rules and regulations including completion of Safety Pre-Trip inspections according to DOT guidelines.
- Troubleshoots repair and maintenance items.
- The Driver will support the reconciliation process of landfill “tickets” with the month end bill and support other month end processing as needed.
- Monday - Friday (days and hours are flexible based on candidates availability)
- Saturdays (not regular; if scheduled = less than 8 hours)
- No Sundays
- 18 years of age or older
- 1 year of Class B driving experience
- Valid state of Michigan Class B CDL and Air Brake certification
- DOT Medical Card
- Driver history (MVR required)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Familiarity with the Metro Detroit area
- Excellent time management skills to ensure always on time
- Navigate high traffic roads, driveways, tight overhead environments
- Highly skilled backing and maneuvering sometimes necessary
- Ability to interact with others in a profession and courteous manner
- Experience with smart technology devices
- Comply with the general qualifications outlined in 49 CFR 391.11
- Customer service experience
- Construction experience
Since winning “Innovation of the Year” at the 2007 International Waste Expo, redbox+ has continued to set the new standard in the waste industry. Delivering two services to each jobsite with our one-of-a-kind U.S. Patented Elite roll-off dumpster, redbox+, and the franchise owners in each location, continue to redefine the industry. It begins with the redbox+ “Customer Care Standard” which is as unique as the product and individuals that are behind every redbox+ location. This standard of care has been a defining difference when looking at the quality of service provided at every job site. There is a better way in the waste industry, and that way is redbox+. Discover the difference. Veterans - Our business exists because of your sacrifices. Your applications will be viewed first.
The final candidate will be required to provide a current vehicle driver’s license, access to driving record, pass a background check, and pass a drug test.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to Redbox+ Dumpsters Corporate.
redbox+ Dumpsters of Metro Detroit North
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?