rand* construction corporation (www.randcc.com) is accepting resumes for the positon of IT Systems Administrator for our existing IT Department
The IT System Administrator is responsible for supporting and maintaining the entire infrastructure for 4 offices across the US + remote staff. This includes servers, networking, licensing, endpoints, and anything else the business deems necessary.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks.
- Provide hardware and software diagnostics and maintenance, troubleshooting and manage disaster recovery essentials for all client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Proactively, reactively and remotely monitor all Rand’s enterprise wide servers, applications, systems and databases and take corrective actions
- Plan and implement patches, upgrades and migrations. Review/store system security event logs
- Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects.
- Manage Windows operating systems, VMware, and SQL Servers
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Setup and maintenance of HyperV and VMware virtualization environments
- Manage company provided equipment by working directly with vendors while issuing and tracking hardware assignment
- Provide user support for system and application issues.
- Responsible for researching and purchasing of systems/equipment to fit business needs in cooperation with IT System Manager
- Stay current on new and emerging technology and best practices
- Work with 3rd party vendors on projects
- Possibly travel up to 5% annual
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network systems administration and support
- Knowledge and experience with VMware, Windows Server 2012 configuration and administration
- Strong communication and customer service skills, both verbal and written, with the capability to make decisions and adapt to change.
- Ownership and execution of incident management and system maintenance.
- Execution of PowerShell scripting
- Demonstrated lead experience in help desk
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft technologies (O365, SharePoint, Active Directory including GPOs, etc.)
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, Nutanix AHV, Hyper-V, AWS)
- Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerability management
- Strong understanding of networking, DNS, DKIM, SPF
- Microsoft Azure
- Windows server 2012 R2-2016
- MS SQL 2016
- Remote support applications (Bomgar)
- Cloud email security platforms (Avanan)
- Ticket tracking systems
- VOIP technologies (Vonage)
- Velocloud, Fortigates, FortiAPs, and Cisco switches
- Supporting IOS and Android devices
- Preferred knowledge of construction and financial management software packages such as Timberline, Timberscan, Procore, Prolog
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3-6 years of professional experience
Desired Computing Environment certification: Network+, Windows Server 2012, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS, MSCA, MCP, VCP5, etc.
rand* is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Since its inception in 1989, rand*has grown from a small interiors firm to a multi-market construction company offering a wide range of services to national and regional clients. As a premier general contractor, we collaborate with the client and design teams to provide comprehensive services over the full lifecycle of a project, going above and beyond to deliver design-sensitive, cost-efficient build solutions to our clients.
Linda Rabbitt founded rand* in 1989 and actively leads the company as its Chairman of the Board. Today, we are a privately-owned corporation guided by principals and executives who provide senior level management and direction in our work. The unique organizational structure at rand* fosters an open work environment where employees of all departments and levels are encouraged to be innovative and superior in their delivery.