Maintenance Mechanic Class C Full time
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full Time Mechanic with EXCELLENT BENEFITS & PENSION Plan!
Job Location: 415 Zarfoss Drive, York PA 17404
Rate of Pay: $22.09 per hour
Schedule: 4 - 10 hour shifts.
*****New Hire will most likely work 8 PM-6:30 AM or 2 PM - 12:30 AM, 4 days per week but work days and times could vary based on bid assignment.
Job Summary (Role in organization):
The position is critical in assisting rabbittransit in meeting our mission of mobility. The impact of public transportation runs much deeper than a trip from point A to point B. We are the means for which people have access to experiences that alter their lives in meaningful ways. Our culture of innovation and stewardship champions that mission. This position is responsible for performing general servicing, preventative maintenance, basic diagnosing and troubleshooting, and performing both minor and major repairs to maintain all fleet vehicles in good working order. Position also requires working along with other mechanics in major repairs and overhauls. Also performs state safety inspections as required by Penn DOT and ensures CPTA is in compliance with state and federal regulations. Receives complaints and requests for equipment service and makes evaluations; makes road calls to service disabled vehicles, as directed by management. The mechanic is responsible for maintaining a safe and organized work environment. Completes all necessary record-keeping and report preparation. The mechanic is responsible for meeting all attendance requirements according to bid, CBA, policy, and safety emergency response situations. CPTA is the County Emergency responder. Performs other duties as assigned. Basis of classification will be on panel interview and skills testing.
This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager. This position receives training, performs duties under supervision of the Class A or B Mechanic or Manager and works within general guidelines.
Some of the Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- One year of full time experience as a maintenance technician diagnosing malfunctions, and repairing heavy-duty vehicles. Up to one year of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of vocational education.
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repair principles, procedures, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of equipment and specialized tools
- Knowledge of heavy-duty vehicle preventive maintenance.
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Ability to diagnose and repair heavy duty vehicles; demonstrated problem solving skills and complete assignments.
- Ability to work variable shifts, irregular hours and be available for work/overtime in accordance with bid, CBA, policy, and response to emergency situations.
- Ability to adhere to DOT and FTA regulations concerning operation of CPTA vehicles, adhere to local traffic regulations, and adherence to safety sensitive position.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Must possess own hand tools.
- Must meet hiring qualifications including but not limited to, minimum of 18 years of age with additional criteria, acceptable driving record and background verification in accordance with CPTA standards.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Must possess (or WILL TRAIN to obtain) valid Commercial Driver's License class "B" operator's license with passenger endorsement and air brake restriction lifted that is not under suspension or revocation, and possess current automobile insurance coverage.
- Must possess a valid DOT medical card. (Will send for such if given a contingent offer.)
- This is a safety sensitive position subject to US DOT Drug and Alcohol pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and return to duty testing.
- Must complete two (2) ASE certifications within one year after probation period in H2 Diesel Engines, H3 Drive Train, H4 Brakes, H5 suspension and Steering, H6 Electrical/Electronic Systems, H7 Heating, Ventilation, and A/C.
- Must possess (or will send for such) a valid Pennsylvania State Motor Vehicle Inspection License.
- Must possess AC 609 certification.(Or must obtain within one year after probation period)
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AutomotiveView all jobs at rabbittransit