Lead Mechanical Engineer
- $90,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Medical , Retirement
· Reporting to Chief Technical Officer
· Looking for a creative developer excited by the prospect of bringing novel biotechnology to market in a fast-paced start-up environment.
· The successful candidate will lead the mechanical development team of the Proteowise instrument and the disposable fluidic devices that go with it.
· Responsibility extends from breadboards and prototypes through close involvement with the manufacturing teams who will implement the candidate’s designs into commercial products.
· Must be hands-on with prototypes and evaluate their designs in the lab.
· Will work closely with the internal cross-functional development team of Software Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Optical Engineers, Biologists and Chemists to ensure systems are successfully implemented.
· Will work closely with the Manufacturing and Quality teams to transfer manufacturable designs.
· Will work closely with the Industrial design partner to faithfully implement the Proteowise vision.
Skill & Experience Requirements:
· Must be fluent in the design and debugging methods of mechanical systems, and capable of producing mechanical parts and subsystems in house and using 3rd party suppliers.
· Must be expert in Solidworks.
· Experience with fluidic analyses and simulations a plus.
· Successful track record of commercial launch, especially launching fluidic, microfluid disposables a plus
· BS Mechanical or BS Biomedical Engineer. MS or PhD a plus.
· 5 years industry experience. More a plus.
85 Willow StNew Haven, CT
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.