Multi-Site Property Director (New Orleans)
Candidate must have at least 5-years of Property Manager OR Multi-Site Property Management experience to be considered for this role.
- Minimum 5-years of experience as a Property Manager. Multi-site or regional experience preferred
- College degree, in business, or another related field, is preferred. Will consider applicants with equivalent work experience
- Industry certifications (ie. CPM, CAM, etc.) are preferred
- Experience managing leasing/office staff, along with maintenance staff in a multi-site environment is preferred
- Experience working directly with Property Ownership is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the ‘renter lifecycle’, from marketing, lead generation, showings, make-ready/move-in checklists, the move-in, rental payments, resident maintenance requests, move-outs/m-o surveys, Days to Turn.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large datasets for Financial/Operating Performance Analytics
- Experience with Yardi Property Management software
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Property base
- Above-average proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus!
In the truest sense of the word, our company was built from the ground up, one building at a time by our founder and current President & CEO. And at its foundation, there exists the ineffable spirit of entrepreneurship, where hard work, grit and ambition are all part of our Ethos. Today, we operate across 17 states and 2 countries across various real estate segments. Furthermore, we have developed, built or renovated everything we own and manage privately. As with any company who experiences significant growth, we’ve been investing in human capital as well as additional technology to improve operational efficiencies. This past year alone, we’ve recruited several key executives: a former Wall Street Banker and a Fund/REIT Accountant. Make no mistake, we are not your traditional property management company, nor do we want to be. We’re looking to build out our management team with those that are hungry and capable. If you’re wanting career growth and unlimited opportunity for professional success; we want to meet with you.
Our company owns and operates a portfolio of residential and commercial properties with over 1,200 apartments in just the metro New Orleans area and over 190,000 sq ft commercial space with an additional 1.5 million sq ft of land in the development pipeline. Our residential properties range from low to moderate income housing, where we work closely with market rate prospect as well as community groups and housing subsidies, to middle-upper income apartments in the CBD/warehouse district. Our commercial properties range from strip malls and shopping centers across the greater Metro New Orleans area to single-tenant properties catering to large National Tenants across 17 states, from Nevada to Florida.
The role of the PM is to execute the Company’s vision and strategy as it relates to property management operations by effectively implementing and adhering to company policies and procedures. The ability to manage people, projects and deadlines is critical. As this is an increasingly demanding role, with decreasing supervision, it’s essential the PM takes ownership of tasks – even as they are delegated to the team. While Customer Service is at the heart of the role, strong administrative skills are required to manage and implement marketing plans for Leasing, property budgets for Accounting, and maintenance logistics for Property Operations. Attention to detail, along with excellent organizational and follow-up skills, are a must.
- Ability to effectively manage the often-competing priorities of property stakeholders, including vendors, customers (residents & commercial tenants), Housing Authorities, Lenders, employees, city officials, Inspectors, and ownership.
- Ability to understand your audience and draft correspondence succinctly with little supervision
- Ensure the accurate and timely filing of all leasing and property files.
- Coordinate, manage, and audit all leasing & maintenance activities across the properties
- Oversee contractors and other third-party vendors performing routine and ad hoc maintenance and construction on properties
- Prepare budgets; review and analyze cash flows; manage accounts payable and receivable; and administer capital projects.
- Conduct tenant move-in and move-out inspections.
- Maintain and verify rent rolls; oversee maintenance of building and operational files.
- Prepare monthly reports as required.
- Produce accurate executive summaries and day/week end reports to owner
- Excellent skills in multi-tasking with extreme emphasis on prioritizing tasks/projects
- Must be able to effectively control flow of information and people to the president
- Supervise resource levels in the office, both administrative and work related
- Ability to manage cash flow/receipts/accounting of rent roll & petty cash.
Competitive Comp Package. Salary DOE. Range: $56-70k salary plus bonus and incentives package, paid sick/vacation time, Health & Wellness Program.
"Culture" is like no other -- we take pride in molding the position around each person's strengths and not forcing individuals into a box. To this end, we seek to leverage an individual’s strengths, while we provide on-the-job training to round-out skill-sets. This philosophy allows the individual to make an immediate impact by focusing on core strengths – enabling them to maximize their value-add.
Our culture can be described in the key words and phrases listed below that summarize what our company expects from its employees, what they can expect from the company, and what everyone expects from each other.
Sense of Urgency
Positive Attitude: CAN DO!
Desire to Improve
Embraces the company as if it were their own
Professional Pride/Quality Relationship-Builder
Proud of who represents us and who we represent
Dedicated to Self Improvement
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year