Assistant Property Director (New Orleans)
- 2 to 3 years experience as an Assistant Property Manager, or in an equivalent supervisory role within or outside the Property Management industry
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Interest in pursuing Industry certifications (ie. CPM, CAM, etc.) is a plus
- Experience working directly with Property Ownership is preferred.
- Experience with Yardi Property Management software
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic thinking skills
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Innate customer service skills
- Above-average proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus!
In the truest sense of the word, our company was built from the ground up, one building at a time by our founder and current President & CEO. And at its foundation, there exists the ineffable spirit of entrepreneurship, where hard work, grit and ambition are all part of our Ethos. Today, we operate across 17 states and 2 countries across various real estate segments. Furthermore, we have developed, built or renovated everything we own and manage privately. As with any company who experiences significant growth, we’ve been investing in human capital as well as additional technology to improve operational efficiencies. This past year alone, we’ve recruited several key executives: a former Wall Street Banker and a Fund/REIT Accountant. Make no mistake, we are not your traditional property management company, nor do we want to be. We’re looking to build out our management team with those that are hungry and capable. If you’re wanting career growth and unlimited opportunity for professional success; we want to meet with you.
Our company owns and operates a portfolio of residential and commercial properties with over 1,200 apartments in just the metro New Orleans area and over 190,000 sq ft commercial space with an additional 1.5 million sq ft of land in the development pipeline. Our residential properties range from low to moderate income housing, where we work closely with market rate prospect as well as community groups and housing subsidies, to middle-upper income apartments in the CBD/warehouse district. Our commercial properties range from strip malls and shopping centers across the greater Metro New Orleans area to single-tenant properties catering to large National Tenants across 17 states, from Nevada to Florida.
The role of the Assistant Property Manager is to assist with the day to day operations of the property or portfolio. While Customer Service is at the heart of the role, strong administrative and analytical skills are required to assist the Property Manager with ad hoc projects and reporting, along with the management of resident ledgers. Attention to detail, along with excellent organizational and follow-up skills, are a must for the collections process.
- Act as the liaison between residents/vendors and the Property Manager on any number of items
- Manage and report on the monthly collections process
- Manage, audit, troubleshoot Resident Ledgers within Yardi. Accuracy is critical
- Ability to listen to residents and apply pragmatic solution-based action plans in a friendly and professional manner
- Ability to understand your audience and draft correspondence succinctly with little supervision
- Ensure the accurate and timely filing of all resident notices/emails/updates
- Facilitate the move-in and move-out process, including unit inspections, reviewing property rules, notifying residents of expiring leases or any notice pertinent to the property
- Assist in scheduling 3rd-party Inspections and ensure maintenance work orders are submitted as required.
- Prepare monthly reports as required.
- Produce accurate executive summaries and day/week end reports to owner Lease renewals
- Rent Abatements
- Producing/issuing late notice and or violations with charging accounts
- Collections with tenants and or subsidies
- Moving out tenants and mailing final statements
- Rent collection and posting
- Over see front desk director and assist managing leasing department
Competitive Comp Package. Salary DOE. Range: $33-45k salary plus bonus and incentives package, paid sick/vacation time, Health & Wellness Program.
"Culture" is like no other -- we take pride in molding the position around each person's strengths and not forcing individuals into a box. To this end, we seek to leverage an individual’s strengths, while we provide on-the-job training to round-out skillsets. This philosophy allows the individual to make an immediate impact by focusing on core strengths – enabling them to maximize their value-add.
Our culture can be described in the key words and phrases listed below that summarize what our company expects from its employees, what they can expect from the company, and what everyone expects from each other.
Sense of Urgency
Positive Attitude: CAN DO!
Desire to Improve
Embraces the company as if it were their own
Professional Pride/Quality Relationship-Builder
Proud of who represents us and who we represent
Dedicated to Self Improvement
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year