chief technology officer
- Posted: over a month ago
our client is an independent game development studio with two studios in the austin and dallas areas, founded in 2013. they are currently around the 120 employee headcount and backed by a leading heavy-weight publisher, as well as being in a strong financial position. the veteran leadership have produced some of the industrys best-selling and most critically acclaimed games for mobile, social, pc, and consoles. they currently have one live game, another about to be released, one in pre pre-production and a good looking product road map! we are working directly with the hiring managers to help them recruit for a top-notch chief technology officer across both their studios.
if you are significant contributor and instrumental to the direction of technology within a games studio, are experienced in the execution of the products through development and deployment, have a deep knowledge of technology platforms used to deliver products, are able to work in a fast paced environment and oversee timely releases, please get in touch for a confidential, no pressure chat to learn more about the role a cto would play in this organization.
what you'll do:
- lead the overall company engineering process
- define organizations software development methodology
- develop and recruit engineering talent to meet existing and future needs
- identify technology trends evolving social behavior that influence business
- anticipate react to major technology changes
- contribute functional code to products in development
- work with product team to identify requirements/feasibility of features for development and prioritize development initiatives
- monitor app performance review any app failures in staging or production
who you are:
- proven track record of shipping successful products as a senior technical lead and/or contributor
- experience in integrating 3rd party interfaces
- experience in a startup environment
- proficiency with several programming languages (C++, C#, java, python, etc)
- excellent verbal and written communication
- keen analytic and problem-solving abilities
- personal integrity: you have a deep moral compass that guides personal action, regardless of circumstances. you use values and principles to make decisions and always strives to do the right thing. yearns to work at a company where the organizations values reflect personal ones.
- is a team player: understands that success is only achievable as a team. treats others fairly and with respect. listens well and communicates well and is role models cooperative behavior for the organization.
- is fiercely consumer focused: has a real love of understanding consumer behavior, and has personal experience using a variety of research and A/B testing techniques. seeks to understand what consumers want/need from both functional and emotional perspectives.
- drives results: sets dramatic, compelling goals and aggressive schedules for improvement. has a demonstrated record of delivering both short-term results and long-term results. conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure. seeks to build a great company for the long haul, not just merely optimize it for short-term gains.
- develops and leverages relationships: has a strong network of internal and external relationships at high levels. builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace. uses relationship networks strategically to accomplish objectives. is able to get things done behind the scenes without compromising principles.
primecandidate is an equal opportunity executive search and recruitment company and considers qualified applicants in our search and selection process, without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
primecandidate CHURN nonpayment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?