- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Insurance Specialist position is responsible for providing a personal and unified effort to obtain payment of outstanding insurance claims. They will assist patients with questions they might have regarding their accounts. They are responsible for providing a more comprehensive method of maintaining and monitoring patient accounts, specific accounts assignment and regular report analysis.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Responsible for telephone and walk-in inquiries regarding billing, and insurance related matters.
• Assists with billing/coding and error resolutions, with direct participation with management and other staff members to resolve accounts.
• Works assigned accounts receivable reports claim denials and rejections taking appropriate action as needed to secure payment.
• Handles changes in patient information relating to registration information including insurance/guarantor information.
• Responsible for documenting all transactions, telephone contacts, etc. in the individual PMC patient’s account.
• Maintains appropriate records concerning inquiries, account resolutions, etc.
• Responsible for the analysis of reports and alerting management of any problems in a timely manner
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education (Including Licenses and Certifications): High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: One to two year experience in a medical office setting is preferred. CPT and ICD-10 coding experience highly desirable.
pinehurst medical clinic
AddressWest End, NC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at pinehurst medical clinic