Software and Infrastructure Improvement Team – Software Engineer
CWIE is looking for a Software Engineer to join our ever-growing IT team. The primary objective of the Software and Infrastructure Improvement Team is to continuously improve our production environment, minimizing On-Call escalations and repeated outages, and reducing the total unplanned work by operational and project teams. The Software and Infrastructure Improvement Team is to complete small to medium sized projects within the boundaries of the architectural direction of our enterprise architecture group in order to create a more stable production environment, as determined in priority by our Software Operations team, System Administration team, and executive direction.
What You’ll Do
· Reduce production outages through coding improvements, or migration and subsequent deprecation of outdated and unused systems.
· Act as an intermediary between Architecture and Operations when proposing or implementing infrastructure or software improvements.
· Document and research continual improvement suggestions for monitoring of the production environment.
What You’ve Done
· Experience with the following Web/Applications. Our stack: Linux OS running Apache Tomcat, HTTPD servers, PERL CGI and Java/Spring apps.
· Working knowledge of MySQL (syntax, CLI, replication, clustering).
· Experience with Object Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks such as Hibernate.
· Experience with the Spring Framework.
· Experience with asynchronous communications protocol using Message Queues (ActiveMQ preferred).
· Expert debugging skills.
· Experience or knowledge of build tools such as Maven or Ant.
· Experience or knowledge of Load Balancers and scaling applications or services.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems a plus.
· Understanding of the credit card processing industry a plus.