Are you looking for an ambitious new work environment to test & enhance your skills? Have you ever wanted to work for a company where you felt like part of a family? Wouldnt it be great if your achievements were recognized personally by one of the owners of the company? When you join the phia phamily, this is what youll encounter!
phia, LLC is seeking a Full-Time Staff Accountant/Full Charge Bookkeeper with demonstrated experience supporting a government contractor with expertise in government compliant accounting practices.
- Prepare monthly billable hour reconciliations to submit for projects for Project Manager review and approval
- Assist with contract management
- Assist with proposal pricing
- Process copies of any received bills to the vendor and monthly folder on the SharePoint site
- Prepare payables invoices, with the GL account number and any other identifiers, for approval by the Controller
- Prepare Accounts Payable list for payment approval
- Compare monthly insurance billings for accurate employee reporting
- Pay bills semi-monthly
- Compare monthly time records and prep for use in preparing payroll and invoicing
- Prepare Receivables invoices monthly, get them approved, and submit to various online customer systems for payment
- Reconcile payments to the applicable receivables for accuracy
- Maintain Cash Flow reporting
- Prepare semi-monthly Accounts Receivable listing
- Circulate monthly revenues reporting
- Reconcile expense reports
- Present proposed payroll semi-monthly for approval
- Process payroll semi-monthly
- Process 401k contributions semi-monthly
- Prepare monthly bank account and credit card account reconciliations.
- Prepare and submit monthly sales tax reporting and any related payments.
- Prepare monthly accrual basis financials
- Prepare monthly cash basis accounting package for the external Accountant, for use in generating financial statements
- Populate the year-to-date financial statement report with data from accrual and cash basis accounting
- Track and report on budget items
- Calculate wrap rates
While this is a work from home opportunity, is important that the candidate be able to demonstrate that they have a space devoted to work in their home, which will allow for professional and confidential interactions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business or relevant are of study and 4 years of experience * (6 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree)
- Accounting experience working for a federal contractor is required
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with FAR compliant accounting practices
- Quickbooks experience required
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge of industry standards and best government accounting practices
- Familiarity with DCAA-compliant accounting practice is a plus
- Must be an effective and efficient communicator
- A team player that is proactive and possess excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Able to be industrious and work autonomously
- Must have the ability accept direction and also provide solutions
- Proficiency with entire Office 365 Suite to include SharePoint, Payroll Management Platforms (Namely) or similar
- Must be experienced in all of the following:
- Must live in close proximity to one of these metro areas:
- Tampa, FL
- Raleigh, NC
- DMV (DC//MD/NoVA)
WORK SCHEDULE: Daytime Core Business Hours - 9 am-5 pm (some flexibility with start/stop times)
WORK LOCATION: Preferred candidates will live in close proximity to either NoVA/DC/MD; Tampa, FL; or Raleigh, NC
TRAVEL: Minimal <5%
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: 100% telework, with occasional interpersonal meetings as needed.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: None Required; having a clearance is beneficial.
phia, LLC is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business that was established in 2011. We focus on the full spectrum of disciplines within the cyber, intelligence, and technology arenas.
We support mission-critical teams within various agencies and offices within the Federal government, including Civilian, Defense, Law Enforcement and Intel. We like to describe phia as truly by technical people and for technical people. phias founders wanted to create an employee-centered culture, where we care about the people as much as the mission.
Our goal is to continue to hire talented and passionate team members, who desire to grow their skillsets as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients and stakeholders. With this goal in mind, we invite you to apply for positions, even if you don't meet the desired years of experience listed in our position descriptions. We are more interested in intellectually curious individuals with the ability to work autonomously and with teams. If your experience does not match our exact requirements of a position but you are otherwise an awesome candidate, we will work hard to find a position that suits you.
Our company culture is unique; we consider everyone on the team a part of the phia phamily. We make great efforts to foster cohesiveness through one-on-one interactions, professional mentoring, and group outings. In short, our leadership team is personally invested in each employee. phia offers a rewarding environment with talented & passionate people.
Excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll