Sr. Back-End Developer
New York, NY
- Posted: 15 days ago
pager is an internet discovery platform powered by smart, interactive screenshots. Our first product is a visual link in bio that helps creators curate, save, and share content collections more easily.
We’re looking for a sr. back-end developer to lead the development of our application backend, with a focus on integrating our machine learning initiatives with our consumer experiences. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As an early hire you’ll have incredible impact in the company culture, product, and execution.
- Design, implement, and constantly improve our secured backend-architecture
- Build a scalable, stable and maintainable client-side and server-side architecture that can help the product to grow rapidly
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Write code and tests, build prototypes, resolve issues, and profile and analyze bottlenecks
- Write technical documentation
- 6+ years of experience as a back-end developer, preferably in highly distributed systems.
- Experience working with and provisioning AWS infrastructure.
- Strong framework experience - you have extensively worked with NodeJS and SQL and are fluent in modern web-development frameworks (NextJS, NestJS)
- Experience building consumer products is a huge plus!
Who You Are
- You have excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills - and thrive when solutions are often complex and ambiguous
- You take responsibility for your own solutions and continuously improve on them
- You are able to suggest and also implement new approaches, frameworks, tools leveraging your knowledge and experience
- You are skilled at communication; and can clearly communicate technical designs and trade-offs with technical/non-technical team members
- You can translate product needs into technical tasks
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You care about the craftsmanship of the code and systems you produce
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Top-tier health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO in addition to observing US national holidays
- Our beautiful office in Dumbo, Brooklyn
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at pager
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?