Senior Research Associate/Scientist - Protein Production
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Research Associate/Scientist for Protein Production
Peak Bio is a newly created venture out of the San Francisco Bay Area that will soon reach a critical milestone in our history of going public on NASDAQ. We are seeking scientific and business talent at two of our critical sites that include our center of research excellence in Palo Alto, California and our G&A infrastructure in South Florida.
Peak Bio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on commercializing innovative therapeutics that aim to improve and address significant unmet medical needs for patients with inflammatory, rare and specialty diseases and cancer. We seek qualified, energetic, and talented individuals with a desire for growth, and advancement but with a knack for working in a cross-cultural, team-based environment. The talent we seek works well with others and knows that, in the end, the company’s overarching goal is to improve the human health experience and help solve the medical mysteries that challenge us daily. As a company we will continue to explore, work closely with and partner with external researchers, clinicians, patient advocacy groups, academic institutions, governmental agencies, and our investors to continue to expand treatment options and partnerships to meet those expectations and find novel approaches to treat disease.
This is a full-time position based in our Palo Alto, California offices, and reports directly to the Associate Director of Bioanalytical.
This role will be critical in driving the future of our business, demonstrating the ability to work scientifically with a unique business model, working collaboratively amongst other talented scientists who utilize expertise, analytics, creativity and ingenuity to succeed.
- Perform Molecular Cloning and protein purification of Fc- and His-tagged receptor ECD protein constructs
- Provide molecular biology support functions such as DNA isolation, primer design, PCR, DNA preps/ purifications
- Produce expression and characterization of candidate antibodies
- Perform mammalian cell culture, maintenance and scale-up to liter scale
- Catalog and maintain mammalian cancer cell line
- Develop and perform ELISAs for the detection of antibodies in culture supernatants
- Generate transient or stable production cell lines (CHO and HEK) by transfection of mammalian cells
- Analyze transient pools and generation of stable cell lines expressing antibodies and proteins-of-interest and selection of highest expressing clones by Western blotting/ ELISA/ immunofluorescence
- Analyze characterization of antibody binding, function, and specificity
- Provide protein purification and QC (SDS-PAGE, SEC, endotoxin assays)
- Analyze protein purity (size exclusion and reverse phase HPLC, isoelectric focusing, HIC)
- Analyze protein purification by chromatography – affinity capture, IEX, SEC
- Implement new advances in lab-mid scale CHO protein production
Desired Abilities and Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science and Masters of Science degrees
- A minimum of 2-6+ years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks and deliver results under aggressive timelines
- Attention to detail with meticulous record keeping
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Possess molecular biology and recombinant DNA cloning skills
- Experience with cell culture
- Expertise in flow cytometry and ELISA assays
- Ability to succeed independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to operate standard equipment and software for protein and cell biology
What you will enjoy while working with us
(Any or all of these benefits are subject to change at any time at Peak Bio’s discretion).
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus Eligibility
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Health Care Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Life Insurance
- Long- and Short- Term Disability
- Generous PTO Policy
- Paid Company Holidays
Does Peak Bio’s mission and unique business model ignite your passion and interest? Does the opportunity to work alongside talented and welcoming team members make you want to join? Do the responsibilities and qualifications translate very similarly to what you have to offer? Does the overall benefits package make you feel valued and appreciated? If you answer “yes” to these questions, we definitely want you to apply.
Job candidates should be aware that full vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment subject to legally required exceptions. Peak Bio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages potential or current employees to request a reasonable accommodation under federal, state and local regulations, should one be needed.
Thank you for your interest!
AddressPalo Alto, CA
ScienceView all jobs at pH Pharma