owl.co New York, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
Backed by top North American VCs, Owl.co is a well-funded, rapidly growing tech company. We are a privacy-first fraud detection platform that empowers organizations to streamline claims processing and to unlock millions of dollars in reserves while promoting and enforcing individual privacy and convenience. Owl is currently working with ten of the largest financial institutions in North America. We have a brand new, beautiful head office in Yaletown, Vancouver as well as offices in Toronto and New York.
Owl is looking for a dedicated researcher / investigator to support development of our automated fraud detection solution using AI. The role will be a contract role to start but may turn into a full-time, permanent opportunity based on performance.
- Investigate individual test names to find suspicious or supporting activities
- Analyze data, thorough investigations and inquiries, from multiple tools and sources to identify discrepancies, spot fraud, and eliminate suspicion.
- Fosters a culture of accountability, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of controls.
- Define the step-by-step process of finding suspicious or supporting activities
- Identify fraud trends, make recommendations for new strategies to prevent additional losses, and assume responsibility for special projects as assigned by Management
- Share ideas to improve the automation of the insurance fraud investigation process
- Past experience with investigating financial / insurance fraud and risk
- Strong research and investigation skills with in depth knowledge of public and subscription-based sources
- Organized, structured thinker with the ability to exercise creative, outside-the-box thinking while conducting an investigation
- Good to have - Comprehensive understanding of the insurance fraud sector, from the nature of evidence found to the investigation process.
- Good to have - Prior experience in insurance claims investigations, ideally in the specific fields of disability, workers compensation or accident benefits (Property & Casualty)
- Experience leveraging multiple data sources in investigations
- Disciplined in time management with the stressor to be certainly flexible based on caseload and case management
- Be physically located in Canada or the United States
- Knowledge of Spanish or French, an asset
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers