Optometric Assistant Training Program- West Monroe - La
This training program is available to those who are interested in working with optometrists.
Read on to learn what prerequisites are required to enroll in these training programs, certification options, and the job responsibilities of being an optometric assistant.
You will need a high school diploma along with excellent customer service skills and a familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet programs. Some employers prefer optical assistants who have previous retail or customer service experience and a knowledge of federal laws designed to ensure patient confidentiality and regulate insurance billing processes. Optics experience could also be helpful.
The American Optometric Association offers an entry-level Certified Para-optometric (CPO) credential to candidates with six months of work experience and a high school diploma. To earn this designation, you'll need to pass a written exam covering such topics as clinical procedures and basic science.
We are seeking an Optometric Assistant to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly.
- Necessary Skills:
- -Computer literacy required.
- -Medical experience preferred.
- -Excellent communication skills necessary.
- -Must be dependable, energetic and willing to learn.
- -Must be self motivated, safety minded, and detail oriented.
- -Must adhere to Healthcare Dress and Grooming Standards.
- -Must be able to professionally, effectively & efficiently respond to patient's needs
- Handle all administrative duties in a timely manner
- Perform routine clinical tasks to support medical staff
- Communicate with insurance companies for proper billing procedures
- Escort patients to exam and testing rooms
- Assist Doctor during eye examinations
- Previous experience in healthcare or other related fields
- Familiarity with medical billing procedures
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Responsible for performing preliminary examinations and evaluations of patients with visual complaints, eye diseases or disorders by initiating and executing technical tests in a busy, high tech Optometric Physician’s office.
Responsible for performing preliminary examinations and evaluations of patients with ocular complaints, diseases or disorders by initiating and executing technical tests in a busy, high tech Optometric Physician’s office.
We work a 40 hour week - (Four 10 hour days (Monday -Thursday)