- Posted: over a month ago
Full Job Description
NewcrestImage is a premier company in the hospitality space that designs, builds and operates state-of-the-art hotels for the most renowned brands in the industry. We are a trendsetting company that is acutely focused on culture and that strives to “genuinely care for people so their lives are enriched.”
Summary: We are looking for a staff accountant to join our accounting department. The staff accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with close processes, conducting internal audits, and You will also be assisting the Controller as needed and respond to information requests by management.
To be successful as staff accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). An outstanding staff accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the Controller as needed.
Performs all job duties and responsibilities in an honest and ethical manner and in compliance with all laws, regulations, and Company policies.
Qualifications and Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?