- Posted: over a month ago
12 + months
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Replacement MMIS project is among the most complex IT projects taken on by the State’s Department of Health and Human Services. This project is a multi-year effort to replace many of the State’s aging Medicaid systems with modern technologies and supporting business operations.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties of this position are to develop and maintain business rules along with associated artifacts such as requirements and models.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Working and Using an Agile Methodology as it relates to completing sprints and working on tasks this included Daily Standups and reporting.
• Develop business rules and requirements via interviews, translation of governing documents and other means.
• Conduct JAD Sessions with the Product Owners and business owners.
• Must have experience in performing detailed analysis and creating documentation.
• Strong user support and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to communicate and work effectivity with users, vendors, management, and other IT peers both verbally and in writing.
• Must have strong analytical skills, the ability to think logically, and must be a self-starter able to research and find solutions independently.
• Must have system analyst and development skills, experience with creating requirements.
• Must know and have experience with SDLC processes.
• Serve as team expert on Claim Adjudication, Reference, Waiver Programs, Managed Care Organization, Business Rules, and related topics.
• Assist other team members in performing business rules and requirements.
• Research and maintain business rules and requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. 8+ years’ experience in government IT projects as a business analyst or related duties.
2. 6+ years’ experience eliciting, mining, and documenting business rules.
3. Strong knowledge of formal business rules methodologies.
4. Strong analytical skills.
5. Strong Understanding of State/Commercial Medicaid Claims, Benefit Plans, Claims Payment Cycle, Waiver Programs and Reference.
6. Ability to effectively communicate to executive management, line management, project management, and team members.
7. Experience and ability to obtain business rules and requirements information by interviewing business personnel and by mining laws, regulations, and policy documents.
8. Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write requirements and Use Cases.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Knowledge of Agile Methodologies.
2. MMIS experience (project or operations).
3. System analyst and development skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Technical, Business, or Healthcare field or equivalent experience (6 years).
omega solutions inc
BusinessView all jobs at omega solutions inc