Omaha Industries, Inc.is a leading supplier of inedible raw materials for the pet food industry. We are also a distributor of our own proprietary lines of pet food brands.
We are currently recruiting for a talented individual to join our team as an Accounting Specialist. This multi-faceted position offers the successful individual an exciting opportunity for career development and growth within the company. This hands-on, full-time position is located at our Corporate office in Omaha, Ne.
Minimum 2-5-year prior AR/AP and general ledger accounting experience in manufacturing preferred.
Process Invoices and Commission Payments (40%)
· This person will be responsible for processing invoices and ensuring that payments are made correctly and in a timely manner.
· Process assigned location invoices and match invoices to purchase orders (P.O.)
· Verify accuracy of invoices, coding and appropriate approval prior to payment
· Communicate with vendors and purchasing agents to resolve accounts payable issues
· Comply with sales and use tax guidelines of multiple states
· Ensure payments are made in accordance to company policy
· Perform other duties as assigned
Post and Manage Payments on Receivables (40%)
· Receive, open and sort incoming payments
· Post daily batches from bank deposit against invoices in accounting system and ensure batch totals equal deposit totals
· Resolve payment concerns (i.e. over payments and underpayments), speaking with internal resources and/or customer contact
· Ensure payments are properly reflected in the Company’s billing system.
· Monitor receivables and collections and provide regular updates to Controller.
· Identify receivable issues, analyze delinquent accounts and prepare reports on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolution.
· Interact with clients to reconcile transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts; resolve questions and issues related to unpaid or past due invoices.
General Ledger Reconciliations (20%)
· Perform General Ledger reconciliations.
· Assist with month-end completion.
· Maintain all financial records according to Generally Accepted Accounting Standards
Qualifications and Skills:
· Associate degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management preferred
· 2 years premium Accounts Receivables
· 2 years Accounts Payable
· 2 years’ experience in Finance, Accounting or Bookkeeping
· Advanced knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable required
· Excellent skills with MS Office programs including Excel, Outlook, and Word
· Knowledge in JD Edwards or other major accounting software package
· Strong mathematical skills required
· Excellent active listening skills
· Demonstrate critical thinking to identify potential solutions or new approaches for current operating procedures
· Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task
· Ability to communicate information in a straightforward manner and resolve conflicts, but with an attitude of exceptional customer service