CGO - Chief Growth Officer
oVertone Haircare Denver, CO
- Expired: January 13, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The CGO role is a key member of the senior executive team, reporting directly to the CEO and partnering closely with the other members of the executive team. The CGO's primary responsibility is helping oVertone achieve its revenue and profitability goals through defining, prioritizing, and implementing sales and marketing strategies that align with the company vision, while scaling workload successfully by using both in-house and agency talent to produce results.
To be successful in this role, the CGO must be extremely data-savvy and be able to create actionable strategies that unlock the answers to new non-obvious growth and revenue. The CGO needs to have deep experience in eCommerce and all forms of digital B2C user acquisition, growth and retention, as well as understand the importance of delivering value throughout the customer lifecycle. The CGO must possess a growth mindset, be a continual learner, and be willing to work alongside the team to make breakthroughs happen. In addition, this person will be asked to balance pragmatism and agility throughout all decisions. The CGO is committed to big outcomes and results.
- Drive strategy, budget, and execution of new customer acquisition for our DTC business through all forms of media with a core focus on PPC/SEO/Social Media/Digital Marketing/Public Relations/Content/Data
- Ownership and full accountability for Creative, Growth and Retention, Digital Marketing including Social Media/Influencer, Earned, Owned and Paid and Programmatic Media, Client Services, Sales Operations, Strategy, Marketing Analytics (CRM/CI/CDP), and Project Management
- Leverage your deep understanding of frameworks for building demand modeling, multi-touch attribution, analytics and thoughtful automation to scale business
- Provide recommendations and lead on the expansion of distribution channels
- Provide expert insight into key decisions as a member of the executive leadership team
- Ensure brand experience is constantly evolving to meet our community’s needs and biggest business opportunities are aligned with brand priorities and values
- Identify industry trends and develop innovative strategies to support growth
- Predict and capitalize on business opportunities and risks in-season through utilizing sales performance and marketplace information
- Balance a hybrid model of workload distribution between in-house talent, consultants, freelancers, and agencies where appropriate
- Work within budget, providing thoughtful and creative solutions in alignment with business needs and bootstrap mentality
- Successfully communicate vision and goals to the marketing teams, supporting them strategically and practically (when required)
- Oversee strategy and execution for the following performance marketing channels: PLA, Display, Affiliate, Paid Search, Email, Direct Mail, OTT, CTV.
- Develop a scalable growth strategy through our direct-to-consumer channels while also evaluating other sales/distribution channels
- Lead performance marketing consultants, agencies and internal team members to execute marketing strategy.
- Empowers growth and CS team to develop smart attribution modeling, ensuring we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right place and time - ensuring safe guards against delivering bad CX.
- Work closely with our strategy and analytics team to lead marketing analytics and ROI analysis for campaigns and channels, defining CAC, LTV, and AOV while executing robust optimization and A/B testing programs.
- Unites data from internal and external customer facing systems to tie behavior to business outcomes, and answers definitively “what works best?”
- Own and efficiently manage budget to maximize ROI while balancing our cultural values, allocating spending and optimizing a blend of channels to hit growth targets efficiently, while thinking long term and being resourceful.
- Collaborate with R+D, Product, Ops, Finance, and Dev successfully to manage inventory, produce new products, and sell in innovative ways.
For a small to mid-sized company, compensation for a CGO typically includes:
- Base salary: Ranges from $225-250K (up from $200-225K in 2018)
- Commission: 25-30% of salary
oVertone Haircare is not your traditional company. Voted one of Denver's Best Places to Work (2018).
oVertone is a direct to consumer hair care business that is disrupting the multi-billion haircare market in North America. As a result of tremendous growth, oVertone Haircare is hiring an experienced React.js engineer with a background in high-volume e-commerce.
Our core values are:
- Intersectional Feminism & Equality
- Honesty & Clarity
- Good Hustle Over Bad Hustle
- Tough Love
- Dedication to Quality
- Intentional Introspection
- 10+ years in a performance marketing role demonstrating increased role and responsibility.
- 7+ years experience in ecommerce marketing.
- 5+ years experience managing direct reports and agencies in a performance marketing role.
- Experience in beauty industry a plus but not required
- Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- Generous paid time off and paid sick time policy
- Short term disability, long term disability, and group term life insurance
- Reimbursable beauty/fitness budget